DaveLoy

Default Bantons of Ticknall

Could anyone please help.
    I have a John Banton born in 1682 in Ticknall. He married (I think) Mary Siddon in 1706. They had 2 children Mary and John around 1707.

Now this is what I'm really not sure of.

John married Martha Clarke in 1730 in Ticknall. Now I've seen on one web-site that John died in 1734, but the IGI has a John and Martha Banton producing children upto 1753. (Now there's a good trick).
    I am interested in Joseph who was born in 1733.

Can anyone help with some reliable data.

Thanks

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by DaveLoy View Post
    Now I've seen on one web-site that John died in 1734, but the IGI has a John and Martha Banton producing children upto 1753. (Now there's a good trick).
    Could this have been John's father, John - the one who was born in 1682?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveLoy View Post
    I am interested in Joseph who was born in 1733
    According to Family Search, Joseph, son of John and Martha was christened on 8th June 1731. Although entered as member submitted in 2 cases, the same date appears as an extracted record. Perhaps laying your hands on a copy of the film at a Family History Centre could help.

DaveLoy

I understand that John's Father and Mother (John and Mary)were both dead by 1743.
    Sorry your right, Joesph was christianed on the 8th June 1731.

Thanks for your input

Dave

Hallo Dave

Can't help with this query I'm afraid, but I have a Banton from Ticknall in my tree. I haven't done any research on her as all that branch of my mother's family was done by a cousin, but Hannah BANTON (born Ticknall according to census returns) married my gt gt grandfather Thomas POINTON/POYNTON in St.Helen's, Ashby de la Zouch on 21 October 1835, when she was described as being 'of the parish of Melbourne' If you have any information on Hannah I'd be pleased to have it.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

DaveLoy

Hi Sue,

I'm sorry but I don't think I can help. My line leaves the Bantons in 1812 when Elizabeth Banton married Edward Hyde. However, Elizabeth did have 5 brothers and sisters so Hannah could be from the group. By the way, did you know there is a Banton Lane in Ticknall. There does seem to be a whole lot of Bantons in Ticknall and if you type in Banton and Ticknall you can get a significant amount of leads.

I have attached what I have for the Bantons but some of it still needs proving out.

Regards

Dave
    First Generation

1. John Banton was born in 1650 in Ticknall, Derby, England.

John married Ann about 1674 in Of, Ticknall, Derby, England. Ann was born about 1652 in Ticknall, Derby, England.

They had the following children:

+ 2 M i. John Banton was born on 15 Jul 1682. He died before 1743.

Second Generation

2. John Banton (John) was born on 15 Jul 1682 in Ticknall, Derby, England. He was christened on 2 Oct 1682 in Ticknall, Derbyshire. He died before 1743.

John married Mary Siddon on 19 Oct 1706 in Cathedral, Lichfield, Stafford, England. Mary was born in 1680 in Of, Ticknall, Derby, England. She was buried on 26 Jul 1743 in Ticknall, Derbyshire.

+ 3 M i. John Banton was born on 15 May 1707. He died on 6 Oct 1732.

4 F ii. Mary Banton was christened on 29 Jun 1707 in Ticknall, Derbyshire.
    Mary married Benjamin Long on 14 Nov 1725.

Third Generation

3. John Banton (John, John) was born on 15 May 1707 in Ticknell, , Derby, England. He died on 6 Oct 1732 in Aston on Trent, Derbyshire.

John married Martha Clarke daughter of John Clarke and Elizabeth Turner on 15 May 1730 in Aston-On-Trent, Derby, England. Martha was born on 22 Apr 1711 in Aston on Trent.

+ 5 M i. Joseph Banton was christened on 8 Jun 1731.

Fourth Generation

5. Joseph Banton (John, John, John) was christened on 8 Jun 1731 in Ticknall, Derby, England.

Joseph married Ann about 1755 in Ticknall, Derby, England.

6 M i. John Banton was christened on 9 Mar 1755 in Ticknall, Derbyshire.

7 M ii. Joseph Banton was christened on 22 May 1757 in Ticknall, Derbyshire. He was buried on 5 Jan 1837 in Ticknall, Derbyshire.
    Joseph married Hannah Smith on 27 Mar 1780 in Ticknall, Derbyshire. Hannah was born about 1759. She was buried on 25 Jan 1812 in Ticknall, Derbyshire.

8 F iii. Ann Banton was christened on 16 Sep 1759 in Ticknall, Derbyshire.

+ 9 M iv. Robert Banton was christened on 19 Jun 1762.

10 M v. William Banton was christened on 3 Feb 1765 in Ticknall, Derbyshire.

11 F vi. Dorothy Banton was christened on 14 Jun 1767 in Ticknall, Derbyshire.

12 M vii. Thomas Banton was christened on 4 Mar 1770 in Ticknall, Derbyshire.

13 F viii. Mary Banton was christened on 3 Feb 1773 in Ticknall, Derbyshire.

14 F ix. Martha Banton was christened on 9 Mar 1777 in Ticknall, Derbyshire.

Fifth Generation

9. Robert Banton (Joseph, John, John, John) was christened on 19 Jun 1762 in Ticknall, Derby, England.

Robert married Mary Chamberlain on 27 Mar 1789 in Ticknall, Derby, England. Mary was born about 1766 in Ticknall, Derby, England.

+ 15 F i. Elizabeth Banton was christened on 31 Oct 1790.

16 F ii. Martha Banton was born on 26 Aug 1792 in Ticknall, Derby, England.

17 M iii. Joseph Banton was christened on 15 Sep 1793 in Ticknall, Derby, England.

18 M iv. William Banton was christened on 7 Aug 1796 in Ticknall, Derby, England.

19 F v. Mary Banton was christened on 14 Jul 1799 in Ticknall, Derby, England.

20 M vi. Robert Banton was christened on 27 Sep 1801 in Ticknall, Derby, England.

Sixth Generation

15. Elizabeth Banton (Robert, Joseph, John, John, John) was christened on 31 Oct 1790 in Ticknall, Derby, England.

Elizabeth married Edward Hyde son of Joseph Hyde (Hide) and Elizabeth Jones on 19 May 1812 in Ticknall, Derby, England. Edward was christened on 24 Nov 1782 in Ticknall, Derby, England. He was buried on 16 May 1826 in Ticknall, Derby, England.

Thanks Dave. That may well prove useful later. I must do some digging. I realise that I do have Hannah's baptism, and she was baptised on 27 Feb 1814, daughter of George and Ann. This branch of my family was researched by a second cousin in the 1980s and was what got me started on family history, but I realise now I must revisit early research in the light of all the information appearing on the internet.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids