Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Famous for offering help & advice sue2white's Avatar

Default Gardener's - Wonersh

I have found a Shadrach Gardener bapt 22/3/1727 Wonersh, son of James & Mary.
    I believe this Shadrach could be brother to my 6x gt grandfather James Gardner b c1720 place unknown.
    James married Ann ? and had Daniel Gardner - who was bapt in Seddlescombe Sussex 10/7/1748.
    The reason why I think Shadrach and James may be related is because one of Daniel's sons was a Shadrach, bapt Seddlescombe Sussex 9/7/1775. On this baptism, James was put as Traveller.
    It seems too much of a coincidence for them not to be related. What do you think?

It is a while since I posed this question. I wonder whether any fresh eyes have any thoughts?

Hi
    Like you I can find no evidence of a relationship between James and Shadrach.
    I did find this on familysearch.org
    Shadrack Gardiner
    Buried 25 Oct 1754
    At Heathfield, Sussex
    No birth date or place, no death date or place or age at death.
    Marital state is unknown

What caught my eye is that on the first results page it says Residence - Traveller. but this is not on the record on the second page so did the transcriber have access to more information on the original image I wonder. Not that that would help in connecting him to James.
    Sorry I am absolutely no help in establishing a relationship between James and Shadrach and there are so many of them in England in this period my eyes were beginning to roll. At least it keeps your post visible for a while longer and hopefully someone else will find something that I and others haven't been able to since your first post.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Hi Christanel
    That info is great though. I didn't have it, but confirms the travellers aspect of the Gardners.