Richard Miller

Smile Handley Page & Co. Ltd Cricklewood 1934-1936

Hi

I am interested in finding any records and or photographs of staff who worked at the Handley Page aircraft factory betwen 1934 and 1936 where my father Stanley George Goodey was employed as an Aircraft Fitter going through every phase of aeronautical engineering. He left in 1936 to take up a similar postion with Rollison Aircraft Co. Ltd. at Croydon Airport and in 1937 he was employed also at Croydon Airport in the same occcupation with Redwing Aircraft Co. Ltd. as an aircraft engineer on engine overhaul & repair.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Richard

Name well known on Brit-Gen

There is certainly some material on Handley Page at Barnet Local Studies library.
    www.
    barnet.gov.uk/index/leisure-culture/libraries/archives.htm

Whether they will have anything specifically for 1934-36 I couldn't say, but they will certainly be able to refer you elsewhere if necessary. They are constantly fielding enquiries about Handley Page, which was a huge employer in the Cricklewood area.

The RAF Museum in Hendon also have some records of Handley Page, but I think they are mainly post-war.
    www.
    rafmuseum.org.uk/research/

malcolm99

You might find the Croydon Airport Society interesting:

https://www.
    croydonairport.org.uk/

Famous for offering help & advice peter nicholl's Avatar

Hi Richard
    You can always try the Handley Page Association. I think that they don't have a website of their own, so try the Victor Association for contact details, or hertsdirect..org.
    Peter
    Peter Nicholl
    Researching:Nicholl,Boater, Haselgrove & Vaughan

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Richard my uncle William Dixon (deceased) worked for Handley Page for 35 years, starting at Cricklewood,
    he was an airframe fitter.
    I have one photo of a group, it could be a works outing, or maybe not