Thread: Medical PDF

Patti44

Default Medical PDF

Whilst looking on google for any old info of a family name I came across a very long PDF,and it has everything over 190 pages about a persons medical history concerning him killing two people and all his details of when why what they treated him with,and this is dated on the latest date as 2003,staring from about 1990 ish,how come,do records like this normally get published ? he is not my relative although he has a family name,not min e thank goodness,but how very weird,what does anyone else think.

Brick wall demolition expert!

If it is a real record, then someone has invaded that person's privacy and breached Date Protection laws. If it is accidental (i.e. the security of the web host has been breached somehow) then I would think about contracting the wed site concerned. If there is no way of doing that I think I would look at how I might contact the UK Govt Information Commissioners.

Patti44

Yes I think I will do that.Thank you

Patti44

Quote Originally Posted by notanotherminer View Post
    Before you do anything you really need to consider what context this was in. What website did you find it on, did it form part of a much larger biography of the person?

You said that this person killed 2 people. If there was a trial certain information would have come out in court and would therefore be in the public domain. If there are 190 pages then presumably this would have been compiled as a report on a person's background. These are all questions that you need to be asking before you take steps such as contacting the ICO.
    Well I decided to let the web site know which is a n h s one,and ask if this is allowed,its not right really,will let you know what they say .