I am trying to gather information on Patience Josephine Box. Born Q3 1899 Burnley, first found on 1901 census, age 1 1/2 yrs, at the Wolverhampton Union Workhouse with her mother Annie Box, pauper, age 32, married, born Wolverhampton, Staffs. There are no other Box's in the institution in that year.

The next mention of Patience is in the 1911 census in Nazareth Home, Pembroke Street, St Clement, Oxford. She is now age 11 and description is inmate. Place of birth is Bury, Lancashire. There is no mention of her mother. The Nazareth Home appears to be a Roman Catholic home for the aged, infirm, poor and children.

I am awaiting her birth certificate but wanted to see if I could find any more information on her father (name not known, although assume surname Box), or her mother Annie and if indeed she had any siblings. I guess that doesn't seem likely as Patience seems to be on her own with her mother then totally alone in the 1911 census.

Patience married and had three children and lived in Dagenham, Essex. She died in 1949.

Does anyone know if there are surviving records for the Wolverhampton Union Workhouse or the Roman Catholic Home in Oxford? What sort of information would they give?

Many thanks