Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Reputation beyond repute

The rector of Nantwich Rev Dr Barry Wilson asked mike Harris to respond to my letter about Frances he gave me the information Frances is not buried at St Marys
    It all depends exactly what you asked and exactly what he said. I don't see how he could give a definitive reply since the register was now in the hands of the record office!

The absence of a gravestone doesn't actually help in this case. Not all graves had gravestones. If she was buried at public expense, and it sounds as if she was, there certainly would not be a gravestone.

Back to basics - the burial register of St Mary Nantwich says that she was buried there and I can't see any reason to doubt it. The geographical location of St Mary's burial ground doesn't alter that.

Whether or not you can locate the specific grave (if that's what you wanted to do) depends on the survival of the appropriate documentation. However, if the burial was at public expense she wouldn't have been buried in an individual plot.

marlowmag

Default frances ravenscroft

I got my information from Cheshire record office and sent a copy to the rector of St Marys I understand Frances may be in a public grave all I want to do is find her as I have said Cheshire record office have done searches to try and find Frances but there is nothing in the records ect

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123