Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    robbiewilson

Edith Friend and John Rennie's daughter Mary Edith Wallace Rennie married John Frderick Rattay in Inglewood Los Angeles Calfornia. I am related to the Rennie Wallace family.

robbiewilson

Hi Bruce,
    I am related to the Rennie and Wallace family my ancestors being William Speirs and Janet Wilson. I am descended from their son William Speirs born 1789 and you from Ann Speirs born 1787.
    I can't find a Bruce in my family tree who is a son of John, Gordon and Lyman? Was Mary Edith Wallace Rennie. Are you a grandson of these brothers? All the best Robbie

sleuthjan

A few more details may help. Do you know the name of this cousin or her brother? Do you know approximately when the brother of James McCullough was born - or where - or about when he came to the U.S.?

I did locate records for a "John Frederick Rattay" who lived in Los Angeles, CA. He was born in 1889 in Raritan, New Jersey so I don't know if this person is associated with your quest or not. Also a census record for the same man with a wife named "Mary." If this is of interest to you, let me know.

robbiewilson

Bruce, My apologies. It is possilble that we may have contacted each other before?? I now realise you are Lyman Clarence's son! Let share family history. Robbie in Scotland

Knowledgeable and helpful

Thank you Sleuthjan
    Several years later I have discovered that I had the wrong grandfather!
    I have since researched the McCullough line and it is different from this one.
    Actually I am related to the above Prescott side of the family as my great great grandfather Henry Prescott was the brother of Mary Prescott who married Jacob Friend.
    He settled in Sydney and Mary went to USA.
    He originally came to Australia as a crew member on a convict ship

sleuthjan

Very good - glad you got your answers Dargie :-).

Knowledgeable and helpful

After several years I am back again hoping for some help
    I have the original query sorted but am now struggling with the Overton family.

I know that Jacob and Mary traveled to Canada with 2 year old George.
    I know that Fanny bore another child Fanny Louisa in 1873 about the same time as she gave George to her parents.
    I have a suspicion that she then had another daughter born in 1875 Edith, (same name as Fannys sister )who later died in 1879.
    I also know that Fanny died herself in 1878.

However I can find No sign of Charles Overton or Fanny Louisa in 1881 or 1891.

Further to the confusion as confirmed from Edna her mother was Fanny Louisa who at her marriage to Stanley Foulkes and at Ednas birth and in 1911 called herself Eva Frances.
    Her birth date is not 1873 but 1877. This does not concern me as no birth can be found for Eva and she probably changed it so as not to be older than her husband.

I have found the probate notice of her husband named Stanley Foulkes and widow is named Fanny Louisa.

So..... with no birth for Eva no marriage for Fanny could anyone
    1. Help to explain this change of name ....how can this be? Especially on a marriage and birth certificate
    2 find Charles Overton and Fanny Louisa after 1871 possibly also off to Canada.

Many thanks if any ideas on this.
    Marj.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456