Loves to help with queries

Angry Eliza and William Farmer burials

Eliza Farmer died 1922, aged 85, Ashby de la Z and was living Woodville, 1901 and 1911 census. Spouse William Farmer died 1902, aged 65, Ashby de la Z, living Woodville 1891 and 1901. These two may have been Wesleyan, a lot of mine seem to be, and are causing me grief. I have looked for their burials South Derbyshire BMD's but they are not there. They would have to have been buried close to where they died in those days. Any ideas out there in forum land. If not, I will send an email to the Rev. Rolls, who is connected to the several Methodist churches in the area. LizzieB

Coromandel

It might be worth contacting this local history archive, who have memorial inscriptions from Woodville (including Methodist ones):

https://www.
    magicattic.org.uk/index.html

You can download an index of burials in Ashby de la Zouch cemetery 1857-1995 from here:

https://
    ashbydelazouch.leicestershireparishcouncils.org/cemeteries.html

Though it has a number of Farmer entries, I couldn't spot yours.

P.S. if you're lucky the local newspaper may announce where the funeral was to be held, or report on who came, who sent wreaths, etc.

Reputation beyond repute

Assuming you have the death certificates and therefore know the exact place and date of death, the people you should contact in the first instance are the cemeteries department of South Derbyshire District Council.

Their email address is on the website
    cemeteries@
    south-derbys.gov.uk

If they can't come up with anything, you could try the other approaches.

Loves to help with queries

I have contacted the Magic Attic, given them the details of the above and several others plus cert.copies of deaths as I get them from the GRO, and for a very reasonable fee they are going to do a search. It's the least frustrating way for me to deal with it from this end. Many thanks again.