Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post jeanjin

Quote Originally Posted by jeanjin View Post
    Eros, Thomas E Davies (Jane) 1787 are my 3rd great grandparents and they came over in 1847 with their children. I have information from another "cousin" indicating their ship, Tamerlane, did dock in Quebec, Canada and that Thomas and family came on down to southern Ohio via canals and the Ohio river. This is all on my tree on Ancestry. I also have that Thomas lives at Tyhen so that is accurate. I am pleased to find this forum as I just recently discovered that my 4th great grandfather Enoch 1768 lived at Tyn Gaer. I do not know his wife's name.
    Glad you got in touch with me, how we managed to miss each other during the 2018 Wales / Ohio Celebrations I don't know, I was stewarding at the Cilcennin Exhibition all week. Were you at the Barbeque Night, because I spoke to many American visitors that evening and met two distant relations from the States.
    Your name cropped up several times when preparing / setting up the exhibits but I didn't know about the family connection then.
    I wiil look at my files to refresh my memories. Have you been in touch with Happy Jackie from Olds, Alberta, Canada as she is also a distant cousin of ours (same ancestry linage)
    Will e-mail you any details you require

jeanne
    hope this reply gets to you, will e-mail you as well
    eros

Quote Originally Posted by euros davies View Post
    The only information I have on Thomas Davies, born 15th January, 1797 is that he lived at Tyhen, Tynreithyn ? and also went to America, his child baptised in Llwynpiod Chapel, nr Llangeithio, Cardiganshire. Wife's name possible Jane, Tyhen.
    These are recollections of relative who has past away.
    Euros,
    Welsh journals
    Have a look at an item in "Cyfaill o'r Hen Wlad yn America", 1 Feb 1869. Use search key "Rhag 16 1868" (include " " as part of key). Should return 1 hit - see "Mrs Elizabeth Walters".

Cofion cynnes
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

helachau
    Thanks for the information, will look up the item as I have little information on Thomas at the moment but I have just been contacted by a distant cousin from Ohio who is a descendant of Thomas, she has only just joined the forum begining of the month (jeannejin)
    Diolch yn fawr
    Cofion cynnes
    Euros

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jackie View Post
    We are travelling at the moment so I am not always on the computer. I shall peruse all the information you have given me, check it with mine and see if I have any additional information for you. Thanks for sharing!
    Hi Happy Jackie
    For your information here is my e-mail, viz : [email protected]
    Hope you enjoyed your travells, I have just discovered another descendant of our family in the States !!
    Regards
    Euros

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123