Loves to help with queries

Question Jeremiah Mahershaleahboz Murphy.

Hello. I wonder if any one can help me please. My sons partner is starting to trace her family tree. her father was born in St Vincente . as was his father. she nows that Jeremiah was married to Dezzie Mozzard in 1917. and that he was born in the Carribean in 1894. but she doesn't know where abouts he was born. she believes that the family came from Ireland . she doesn't know where to start looking. can anyone point her in the right direction. to begin . thank you.

Heather

Quote Originally Posted by susyswan View Post
    Hello. I wonder if any one can help me please. My sons partner is starting to trace her family tree. her father was born in St Vincente . as was his father. she nows that Jeremiah was married to Dezzie Mozzard in 1917. and that he was born in the Carribean in 1894. but she doesn't know where abouts he was born. she believes that the family came from Ireland . she doesn't know where to start looking. can anyone point her in the right direction. to begin . thank you.
    I had a look thru the new Mormon records for both Jeremiah Murphy and Mozzard....no luck. And records for St. Vincent are incredibly hard to find! Looking for a Murphy in Ireland would be hopeless without concrete details. There is one researcher on another Caribbean List who has a lot of St. Vincent data and if you think they were born there, then he is the one to ask....but I am having a brain freeze on Jim's last name, lol. I will try to track him down

robbiejd

Susyswan, i hope you still follow this post...who is your daughter inlaw, my paternal side come from svg and jerry is my gr gran second partner, father to my granpa half brothers and sisters....get back to me Robbie

robbiejd

Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post
    I had a look thru the new Mormon records for both Jeremiah Murphy and Mozzard....no luck. And records for St. Vincent are incredibly hard to find! Looking for a Murphy in Ireland would be hopeless without concrete details. There is one researcher on another Caribbean List who has a lot of St. Vincent data and if you think they were born there, then he is the one to ask....but I am having a brain freeze on Jim's last name, lol. I will try to track him down
    Jim Lynch is his name...

Heather

Quote Originally Posted by robbiejd View Post
    Jim Lynch is his name...
    Jim Lynch has a list of various Island surnames contributed by readers. That is not who I was referring to. Darned if I can think of his name, but will comb the archives to get it. He lurks on the Carib List, but doesn't post much.

Later.....
    Last edited by Heather; 17-03-2013 at 7:59 PM. Reason: spelling error

Heather

Quote Originally Posted by Heather View Post
    Jim Lynch has a list of various Island surnames contributed by readers. That is not who I was referring to. Darned if I can think of his name, but will comb the archives to get it. He lurks on the Carib List, but doesn't post much.

Later.....
    Finally remembered his name......JIM CROPPER....you will find him on the Caribbean List at Rootsweb. He doesnt post often but if you put your request out there, hopefully he will see it.

Loves to help with queries

Default Jeremiah mahersalearboz Murphy

Hello heather. Thank you for your help. I am most grateful .