sandgrown

Question Help with PROV please

I shall be in Melbourne in January to visit the PROV in search of any and all details of my ancestor's farming life from his marriage in 1894 to his death in 1927. I have researched the PROV website but cannot understand how to proceed. Please advise.

Here are some more facts. My great great grandfather's brother, Joseph Whiteside, emigrated from England to Victoria sometime between 1881 and 1891. He married Amelia Bawden in 1894. They had two daughters born 1895 and 1897 who died spinsters in 1945 and 1987, respectively. From before 1900 until 1914 Joseph and Amelia lived in Mincha East between Mills and Hancock along Calivil Creek. This latter I learned from a very helpful archivist at the Pyramid Hill Historical Museum. In his Will and Probate of 1927/28, Joseph left real estate described as Allotment 10 Section D Parish of Macorna County of Gunbower containing 275 acres. The same archivist and I guess that Joseph, Amelia and daughters lived and farmed there from 1914 to 1927.

I hope to establish firm purchase and sale dates and locations for their farms and learn anything of interest from the correspondence files on these two properties. How do I proceed to request the correspondence files at the PROV in advance of my visit?

Thanks.

Sandgrown

sandgrown

Belatedly I have found the inquiries email address for PROV and have forwarded my inquiry direct to them.

Sandgrown