Colin Rowledge

Default U S Census information

I got really excited that I was able to find the spouse of my grand uncle - prior to her marriage.

It was for 1915 and was from the Kansas State Census Collection 1855-1925.

It had her + her 3 siblings and quite a bit more. Her parents though were a bit of a joke - he is listed as E.F. + last name and his spouse was listed as Mrs. E.F. + last name.

I was however able to find the family in the Federal census for both 1910 and 1920. In 1910 they were in Carroll, Arkansas and E.F. was a Farmer and in 1920 they were in Twin Falls Idaho and E.F. was still a Farmer.

I believe they married in Carroll, Arkansas about 1903 as their 1st child Harold was born in 1905. His full name was Eddie Franklin Ferguson and her name was [I belive] Lucetta Champlin. They were both from Arkansas, possibly Grandview.

Their children - according to the census details of 1910, 1915 & 1920 are as follows:
    Harold 1905
    Seth G. 1907
    Nina Fay 1910
    Hilda Grace 1913
    Retha Pearl 1917
    Troy L. 1919

The 3 earlier births were in Arkansas. Hilda Grace was born in Kansas as were the last 2.

I can find no trace of the family in 1930 census.

Colin

dawnkaren

like you i cant find them on the 1930 either but just thought i would post the 1920 for yourself anad others that may be loooking

E Frank Ferguson
    37 yrs, Male, Father

Lulu Ferguson
    35 yrs, Female, Mother

Seth G Ferguson
    13 yrs, Male, Sibling

Nina F Ferguson
    10 yrs, Female, Sibling

Hilda G Ferguson
    6 yrs, Female, Sibling

Retha P Ferguson
    3 yrs, Female, Sibling

Troy L Ferguson
    1 yrs, Male, Sibling

Father Name: E Frank Ferguson
    Father Birthplace: Arkansas

Mother Name: Lulu Ferguson
    Mother Birthplace: Arkansas

Colin Rowledge

I believe Lula, sometimes Lula, is how Lucetta was known, I have not found any other references to her that seem to apply.

Just to add - A possible death for Retha P was registered in Portland under the married name Brennan. This was in 1997.

The entire lot seemed to have settled in Portland in the late 1930's

dawnkaren

perhaps if nothing turns up in the mean time you may have to wait til april when the 1940 cencus is being released

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by dawnkaren View Post
    perhaps if nothing turns up in the mean time you may have to wait til april when the 1940 cencus is being released
    With luck, I may still be around!!!

dawnkaren

5 months thats all it is lol