Colin Rowledge

Default I could buy 3 marriage cert's - but - options

If any are not known to me!!!

It is difficult to explain the situation as all-but-one person may be still be living.

I have a chap, born Apr.-Jun. q. 1949 in Penzance. He may be a closer relative than what is currently showing in my chart, but before I spend money on researching him to see if he links up to another family with the same surname [Dunstan], is there a way to find out if the named brides are his?

1st marriage
    Took place in Penzance Oct.-Dec. q. 1970. She died in Penzance Oct.-Dec. q. 1978. She was 28 years old.

2nd marriage
    Took place in Penzance very early in the year 1979.

3rd marriage
    Took place in Penzance towards the end of 1982.

If this same chap was involved in marriage #2 & 3 I presume he divorced wife #2, some time between 1980 and 1982.

Is there a way to find out if the 2nd and/or 3rd marriage both are his?

I can provide more info in a private message if interested.

Colin

Nicolina

it definitely looks like the same man. On checking the BMDs I can find only the one birth with that name. Whatever happened to wife 2, I don't know. I can find no death or re-marriage for her (unless she reverted to her maiden name).

Colin Rowledge

I am confident that his 1st wife died. As for the 2nd, since it was very soon after the death of the 1st, could it have been annulled for some reason?

I know that a wife's previous marital status is made known, by the names for her. When his 1st wife died he became a widower. If his 2nd marriage ended in divorce or annulment, would he have to indicate this or could he still be deemed a widower?

I'll see if anything else comes to light on this situation before I order marriage certificate[s].

Colin

Nicolina

if he divorced wife #2 then the third certificate may say " marriage disolved".