Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    GBateman

Chris. At the top of the page is notifications. If you click/press on that it should give you the option to read the message that I sent instead of using this thread. Yes i still talk to my nan. This sounds like a conversation I would rather do in private not for everyone to read. As i cant go into detail on anyone living.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by GBateman View Post
    Chris. At the top of the page is notifications. If you click/press on that it should give you the option to read the message that I sent instead of using this thread. Yes i still talk to my nan. This sounds like a conversation I would rather do in private not for everyone to read. As i cant go into detail on anyone living.
    Chris - further to this post:

1. Are you receiving emails which have in the subject line 'New private message from British-Genealogy and Family History forums'.
    Hopefully the answer is 'yes'.

2. If so, I admit that it's then slightly confusing because the first words you see in the actual email, written in capital letters, are 'Do not reply to this email'.
    What it means is 'do not reply to the sender of this email' - because the sender is just a machine, programmed to forward a message.

3. The email then goes on to say 'Dear Chris smith you have received a new private message from GBateman entitled (whatever).
    It continues 'To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message you must log in here'.
    Click on the link.

4. That will take you to your private message(s).

5. Click on one of them.
    Read it.
    Then just underneath the message box, on the right-hand side you should see one quotation mark (") followed by reply to private message.
    Click that.
    You will then see a reply box which quotes the message you want to reply to.
    Scroll down, past the message, and then type your reply.

6. When you've finished typing, re-read your message, just to check that it makes sense and that you've got all the details correct (e.g. you haven't written auntie Pam when you mean auntie Penny), then scroll down the page to the box which says 'submit message'. Click.

7. If by any chance you've deleted any if those emails which says 'you have received a private message' then (as GBateman says), go to the top of this page, and in the blue banner click on 'Notifications'. Then click on private messages. Follow the instructions from paragraph 5.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Settling in

it is my third cousin we now have each other e mail thank you for your help

Settling in

ive found that cousin tony beal died last year im in contact with his grandaugter who his on geneology a the other girl you've been giving repling two is uncle bill smith Grandaugter the reason I think who you are your matching my family if you are who I think you are who have I got still living

Settling in

for living people we will have to go through notifications

Settling in

im in touch cousin tony Beal grandaugter he died last march I still don't know who you got living im trying to if the other boys are
    auntie Florence family so I know whos living has they have not been in touch since uncle Steve died have you found anything more on gander I think I might have

petraroe

Hello Gents.

I have not been on this website for years but I came across something in an old email so I logged in and it seems my old thread went nuts in my absence.

Just to confirm as there was some speculation that my grandfather William Ernest Smith passed away on his 98th birthday in 2017. He was married to Elizabeth Mary (Aunty Betty) and they lived in and around Fareham for most of their later life.

My Aunt Sue, their daughter passed away last year after a short battle with cancer.

I will try and read back through the family relationships I can see in the threads that still have names and see what I can tie up but I think a lot of it matches.

I will try and keep an eye on this site, but things are hectic, my dad has vascular dementia so time is not always plentiful as you can imagine.

Petra

Settling in

im sorry to my dads brother has died also do know Auntie chubs son tony died found from is oldest daughter also found that's youngest daughter has to grand children her daughter has got two which have four Genrations cousins i now know retire 66 th birthday two year time i know that nan is right uits its Scottish royal and my great grandad was Robert smith the isle skye and Graet nan was charlotte Langley from Whitire also it also have Langley wood might like Mckiooon smith was double barreld name
    now found on ancestry have found about christs hospital who went also i may got gander i know smith date of bith is 24v 0f dcember 18 87 it was right because its a greeing i suppose everyone else must right if your match like tonys family we must be smith family if found about great grather it should Elizabeth hyde and great George gander
    ;ld

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567