FredP

Default Luke Ford b 1813 Ripe.

Can someone please confirm the entry I found in Family Search?

Luke Ford, bapt 28 Nov 1813, Ripe Sussex - father Thomas Ford, mother Mary.

The baptisms in the parish register I consulted on film in Brighton History Library ceased at the beginning of that year. There were a number of Fords, some with the same parents, and including a Luke born about 30 years earlier, but nothing to positively identify him as the husband of my g-grandfather's sister Martha Partridge. Other records I have found merely say "born Sussex",

Any information about the given parents would be an added bonus. Luke and Martha were married in St George, Hanover Square, and their firstborn was baptised in Buckingham where Martha's family lived, though she had been born in Bedford. The family went to Texas in 1850.

Thanks for any help, FredP.

malcolm99

Fred, I can see a marriage of Luke Ford at St George, Hanover Square on 29 January 1826 but the bride is Maria Smith. Is there another Luke Ford marriage somewhere?

Name well known on Brit-Gen

They married on 17 April 1837, according to the Harleian Society transcription of the marriage register. Witnesses are not named here, but it might be useful to have them.