Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Default Searching for John Thomas Dinsdale died 1927

Just want to find John Thomas Dinsdale burial place and if possible any previous information about his life before 1900 ?

Information I have :-

Certified Copy Death Certificate :- John Thomas Dinsdale died 1927 age 65 years old, Whittle-le-Woods, Chorley, Lancashire, a General Labourer. Residence informant widow of deceased, both residing at Bridge Street, Whittle-le Woods, Lancashire.

Memorial Card :- In Loving Memory of John Thomas, beloved husband of Jane Ellen Dinsdale who departed this life March 29th 1927 aged 65 years and was interred at St John's Whittle-le-Woods on April 2nd.

Wedding certificate (copy in pencil) Marriage at St Bedes, Clayton Green John T Dinsdale of Whittle-le-Woods son of James Dinsdale and Jane Ellen Eastham daughter of Thomas Eastham married 10 June 1917 or 1918 or 1919 in the presence of John Eastham and Margaret xxxxxxx Given this 16 day of April 1927.
    “think this was used for the burial purpose” ?

Son's Birth certificate born 19th March 1919 at 27 Boundary Street Leyland.
    Fathers name John Dinsdale profession Rubber worker, residence Chorley Old Road Whittle-le-Woods.

The Challenge I have;

No record of marriage in BMD, for John Thomas Dinsdale and Jane Ellen Eastham.?
    No record of burial, spoken to current vicar of St John's, no record at his church.?
    Have checked local newspaper for classified obituaries and wedding acknowledgment for the dates, none
    Checked Preston, Chorley and Blackburn Cemetery, no John Thomas Dinsdale buried at any.
    Checked with Local funeral /undertakers no burial records for him.
    Checked at Chorley Library on the Electoral Polling books, first recorded 1918 just his name, then 1922 & 1926 John Thomas and Jane Ellen Dinsdale Bridge Street Whittle-le-Woods
    Have e-mailed “Birmingham and Leyland Rubber works “ for any employment records in 1919, no reply yet.
    Also Lancashire records office is closed until 24 Oct 2011 waiting to check parish church records, but not confident will find any.

Also
    Checked on "Find My past" all John Dinsdale 10 years both sides of his age given on his death certificate, came up with a few but after more research, found that they were not him.
    The only one I found that fits in some kind of way, is that of a John Thomas Dinsdale living with his mother Margaret and his 2 sisters one with 3 children and widowed, he was an unemployed labourer in Leeds in 1911 census living at 29 Bayswater Avenue, Round Hay Road, Leeds but 10 years younger than the one I wanted (age 39 years).
    To make things worse he was born a Matson his mother's maiden name but had been put down on the census for the last twenty years, his step father's name as a Dinsdale.
    Also checked that he was not at the Leeds address in 1918 at Leeds library with the Electoral polling books by telephone, there was a different family living there, not related.

My Theory is that John Thomas Dinsdale never married Jane but lived with her in 1919 at Whittle-le-Woods after the baby was born until his death in 1927. Jane was Catholic and John was C of E.

Any idea's ???

Brick wall demolition expert!

Hello green family

It's best not to post more than one thread on exactly same topic as this causes confusion. So I have removed your duplicate post from the Yorkshire forum and left this one.

This can always be moved to the Yorkshire forum later if you wish.

Lizzy9

Hi,

Please can you tell us his mother and stepfather's first names and DOB, and post details of censuses you've found them on?

Coromandel

Hopefully the burial will be recorded in the parish register (at the archives?). I know you already have a copy of the death certificate, but note from FreeBMD that the death of a 65 year old John Dindsdale was registered in the Chorley district in the first quarter of 1927. This might be a spelling variation to look out for in other records.

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by green family View Post
    Wedding certificate (copy in pencil) Marriage at St Bedes, Clayton Green John T Dinsdale of Whittle-le-Woods son of James Dinsdale and Jane Ellen Eastham daughter of Thomas Eastham married 10 June 1917 or 1918 or 1919 in the presence of John Eastham and Margaret xxxxxxx Given this 16 day of April 1927.
    Have you tried contacting St Bede's (a Catholic church) to see if they still have the marriage registers from this period? They have a website here:

https://www.
    stbedesclaytongreen.co.uk/St_Bedes_RC_Church,_Clayton_Green/Welcome.html

The '1917 or 1918 or 1919' is rather odd. I suppose it might mean that the certificate was damaged in some way so that the year was illegible, then whoever copied it out in pencil just guessed the year?

Reputation beyond repute

In pencil? Sounds a bit dodgy to me. Who provided the certificate? GRO? Register office? Church?

Hi Lizzy9, Thanks for replying.
    John Thomas Dinsdale's Mother was Margaret Matson b. 1847 West Burton, Yorkshire. Married in 1876 to William Dinsdale b.1839 Redmire, Yorkshire. I have found them on the 1851 / 1861 & 1871 in Burton Cum Walden also the 1891 & 1901 in Middleham, Yorkshire and finally in 1911 in Leeds. Found these on Ancestry.co.uk and Find My Past.
    Thanks for your interest.
    The Green Family.

Hi Coromandel,
    Not very hopeful on finding the information we need at the Preston records office to confirm the burial and the marriage but thanks for your interest.
    The Green Family

Hi again Coromandel,
    Yes already checked the website for St Bede's and been to the graveyard - you never know? The Parish records are held at Preston Records Office which is closed until Oct 24th. We will be there early along with hundreds of others!! We hope to find the wedding certificate no matter what year - 5 years both ways.
    The Green Family

Hi Peter Goodey,
    Yes a bit of an unofficial certificate. It is a photocopy of a marriage format, we think was issued for the burial purposes. We think it was issued by the church.
    Thanks for your interest,
    The Green Family.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast