Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    cakemaker

Dear reaspden

I would love to swap notes with you. I did quite a bit of work and had a lot of help on Walter Lever Aspden's family a while ago, the thread is ASPDEN Birkenhead and Liverpool.
    Our line descends from Alfred, Eric's older half-brother.

callie

I think I maybe able to help with your search. My Mother was Eva Annie Aspden born 1900 died 1982, she was put into a convent at the age of three possibly five and stayed there until she was severteen. She never new her parents the only person she had contact with was a smart lady who occasionly took her out for tea. On her birth certificate it shows Father Walter Liver Aspden Mother Barbara Mildred Aspden formerly Lacey occupation of father Billiard Macker, add: 232 New Chester Road, Tranmere. The feeling I have is she must have been put into the convent when her mother maried Joseph Hughes. I hope this puts a little more light on the search.

reaspden

Default Walter Lever Aspden

Hello Callie,
    Yes this is Walters daughter born in 1900 we think she went in to the convent as her Mum Barbara Mildred Lacey died when she was only 30.
    If you could e-mail me reaspden AT aol DOT com we are building up a good family tree.
    Also our friend cakemaker please e.m me as I know you have lots of info
    Last edited by Jan1954; 20-02-2012 at 5:18 PM. Reason: Email address edited to try to deter spammers

LANGO

Hello Callie,Your mum was my grandad's sister.Grandad was Walter Frank Aspden.

callie

Hi Lango,
    Its nice to know I am getting somewhere with this search as I am not very good at putting it together. Mother had a feeling she had two brothers but I gather now it seems it was three. She spent seventeen years in that awful convent when she came out she met my father Edward Foot they married when she was nineteen, her ambition was to have a family and that she did and was respected and loved by us all, unfortunately she passed away in 1982 she was born on Jan 1st 1900 she had no memories of her parents at all, sometimes she mentioned the name of a women called Hollingsworth. It is a great shame she never met her brothers while they were alive, did the brothers ever meet?

cakemaker

Default Your family

Dear Callie,
    What an amazing and very touching story you are revealing about your mum.
    Thank you for sharing what you know, it is amazing.

I have been working on the Aspden family history for a few years now, but Eva was a real mystery - no-one in the family knew much about her or what happened to her.
    Yes, your mum had 3 full brothers who all knew each other and at least 4 half-brothers and sisters.

You have three first cousins living that I know of,children of her 3 brothers, one of them is my father-in-law. Perhaps best if we exchange a private message about this, as the people are living?

callie

Hello Reaspden,
    Yes I have been in contact with Cakemaker and given all the information I have of Mothers past, I gather I am first cousin to her father in-law Mother was his fathers sister where is the connection with your side of the family?

cakemaker

Hi everyone
    I've just posted today on the other Aspden thread - you can see it is in Lancashire county wide forum - Aspden Birkenhead and Liverpool.

majicmummy

Hi, I stumbled across this site while researching my husband's family tree. I was intrigued to find out why Eva Annie Aspden was registered as an inmate in the 1911 census but the information I found in this thread is very helpful. She is the Aunt of Winifred Aspden who was married to my husband's uncle John Langan. my mother-in-law is Mary Hammond (nee Langan) I am slowly building our trees on ancestry.com (the Jerabek family) so if anyone is interested please message me on that site so I can give you access.

majicmummy

Hi, I am just finding my way around this thread and site and discovered that this young man was a ship's steward - certainly explains his frequent trips!!

Apologies from a newbie- this won't make sense as it is actually in reply to 'terry's family' s post of 9/10/2011. I will take more care before responding in future!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast