Yvonne Lay

Default Jarvis Family from Derbyshire and Nottingham.

Looking for information on William Henry Jarvis born Derbyshire/Nottingham son of John William Jarvis and Elizabeth Annie Ellis. Other children of John and Elizabeth were:-Mabel, Ivy, Francis Harold, Joseph Oswald, Winnifred, John William and Bernard Percival. Family lived in Chellaston Cottages,Hucknull Torkard, Derbyshire, Moorbridge Road, Stapleford. John William Jnr and Francis Harold served in the Army in WW1.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, it would be nice to hear from any decendants. These are my grandmother's family.

Thank you,

Yvonne Lay.

louisa maud

I have looked on 1891 and 1901 for this family, William Henry, is not listed, when was he born?, by 1901 they had 6 children listed but William Henry, I guess you have that info on the 6 listed, judging by the names you wrote above

Louisa Maud

malcolm99

Could this be moved to the Nottinghamshire Forum as both Hucknall Torkard (now just Hucknall) & Stapleford are both in Notts?

I have a suspicion that Moorbridge Road may be Moorbridge Lane, Stapleford.

A sort of whoops - they're both in Nottinghamshire but I see that Stapleford used to be in Shardlow RD in Derbyshire up until 1935. Notts is probably still best though.
    Last edited by malcolm99; 23-09-2011 at 1:35 PM. Reason: added bit about Shardlow

malcolm99

Mods - ignore moving this as there seem to be more references to Derbyshire than Notts. Apologies.

malcolm99

On the GRO Birth Index there is a Wilfred Henry Jarvis born in Shardlow Registration District in June Quarter 1905, Vol. 7b page 519.

He appears on the 1911 census with his parents and Francis Harold, Winnifred Millicent, John William and Bernard Percival. He was born in Weston-on-Trent, Derbyshire.

The 1911 census reference is RG14 PN 20874 SN 340

(Record in care of TNA; Crown copyright)

malcolm99

I can’t be certain this is your man without a certificate, but a Wilfred H Jarvis married Gladys Simpson in the Shardlow Registration District in March Quarter 1930 (vol.7b page 777).

Similarly I can’t be sure this is his death without a certificate (but because of the information given in the GRO Index I’d put next month’s rent on it!).

Wilfred Henry Jarvis died in Nottingham Registration District in March Quarter 1979 (vol. 8 page 0843 ). His date of birth is given as 20 March 1905, which fits in with the birth reference very nicely.

Are you OK with getting certificates from the GRO?

Yvonne Lay

Thank you all very much for the information. I am waiting on certificates from the GRO. It takes a couple of weeks for them to arrive here. You are all marvellous thank you. The Nottingham/Derbyshire border line gets a bit confusing at times.

Yvonne.

Yvonne Lay

Hi Louisa,

It should have been Wilfred Henry. He is on the 1911 census. My typing error. Thank you so much for your help.

Yvonne.