Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Question Arthur Thomas HINE born 1876 Lambeth

hi i noticed this thread about wwi hospital.s , how do you find out if your gt uncle was in one , because in my gt grandmother,s
    will it states that in 1929 two thousand pound put in a bank and allow arthur thomas hine a pound a week, he was born in 1876
    lambert london, i have him in 1881 1891 census but lost him after , i think he joint the army, or was born disable, not sure,
    if anyone out their can help, would be great to solve this problem, many thank,s tony.p

hi all, im searching for arthur thomas hine, b 1876 in lambert london, found him on 1881 1891 census but nothing after, i think he was in a hospital but not sure, if any one can help i would be very happy. thank, all tony.p

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I've moved these posts to a new thread of their own to help attract some attention.

thank,s kerrywood,
    did not know how cheer,s for helping me out .tony.p

Name well known on Brit-Gen

In case it helps anyone searching, I believe Arthur was last seen with his family in 1891, at 193 Crystal Palace Road, Camberwell.
    RG12/470 folio 61 page 22

In 1901 the family is split between Southend and Camberwell, but Arthur is not with them ...
    1901 - RG13/1679 folio 63 page 4
    1901 - RG13/502 folio 98 page 47

... nor in 1911
    1911 - RG14/10135 SN88

(records held by TNA, Crown copyright)

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by antony1958 View Post
    hi i noticed this thread about wwi hospital.s , how do you find out if your gt uncle was in one , because in my gt grandmother,s
    will it states that in 1929 two thousand pound put in a bank and allow arthur thomas hine a pound a week, he was born in 1876
    lambert london, i have him in 1881 1891 census but lost him after , i think he joint the army, or was born disable, not sure,
    if anyone out their can help, would be great to solve this problem, many thank,s tony.p
    There is a Arthur T Hine in the British Army WWI Medal Rolls Index Cards, 1914-1920

1st Royal Berkshire Regiment

Thomasin

There are two deaths that might be him - Arthur T Hine in Calder, Yorks, March quarter 1939 aged 64 and (more likely) Arthur T Hine in Bermondsey, March quarter 1948 aged 63. However, that doesn't answer the question of his whereabouts at the beginning of the century.

thank,s valg . & tomasin,
    i have the army ww1 medal roll, but not telling me anythink, i know their are two arthur t hine, death certificate,s if i was two buy the two would it put me any closer, one might have some information,many thank,s tony.p

hi thomasin,
    ive just checked ancestry.com i found a arthur thomas hine b 1874 mum eliza dad james, in yorkshire, so the arthur t hine who died
    in 1939 in yorkshire is not my one, many thank,s tony.p

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasin View Post
    There are two deaths that might be him - Arthur T Hine in Calder, Yorks, March quarter 1939 aged 64 and (more likely) Arthur T Hine in Bermondsey, March quarter 1948 aged 63. However, that doesn't answer the question of his whereabouts at the beginning of the century.
    I don't think he is Tony's Arthur either: from his age at death, he would have been born about 1885. I think this is more likely to be a different, younger Arthur Thomas Hine whose birth was registered in the Wandsworth district in the last quarter of 1885.

That one may be the Arthur Thomas Hine who enlisted in the Royal Engineers on 21 April 1908, then aged 22 years and 7 months. His army papers (available on Findmypast) give his birthplace as Battersea.

Findmypast's Boer War database includes a Lance-Corporal A.T. Hine (no.247) of the Cape Town Highlanders, and refers to a medal roll in WO 100 at The National Archives.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast