Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Hi Orielbenfro,

You have already helped me in the past. I am looking for a burial for Elizabeth Davies more than likely in Pembroke. Death years between 1851-1861. Her year of birth is abt 1810 wife of William Davies. The last address I have for Elizabeth in 1851 is King Street, civil parish Pembroke St. Mary, Town Pembroke Dock.

Thank you.
    Julie

ROY JOHN

Thank you for your quick response. I understand he died around 1900, but can only find one reference for a Joseph John, but this person was from the Union Workhouse, which makes this record doubtful. By all accounts he was not short of money in fact his widow MARY ANNE TAYLOR owned property in Llanstadwell.

Thank you for your help

kind regards

Roy

Orielbenfro

Quote Originally Posted by ROY JOHN View Post
    I understand he died around 1900,
    Roy
    Jospeh John buried at Llanion Cemetery London Road Pembroke Dock on the 16th May 1899 in plot D. 74
    That is the easy bit. Sections A through G where all cleared of single standing headstones and moved to form a large circular feature, however none of the headstones where laid out in any order so any headstone from any plot can be standing next to a headstones from any other section and plot.
    Go to Google Maps input London Road Pembroke Dock and go to satellite mode and you will see the circular feature I mention.
    It is now a case that you will have to walk round in circles and view all headstones to see if that of Joseph has survived. I have done the walk on a good number of occasions.
    Rgds
    Owen Ap Benfro

Orielbenfro

Quote Originally Posted by blue eyes View Post
    for a burial for Elizabeth Davies more than likely in Pembroke. Death years between 1851-1861.
    The parish church of Pembroke Dock St John began services in circa 1844 dependent on which of Bapt/Mrge & Burial you require, but it would not be until the late 1860’s that it became a parish in its own right and took even longer for official bureaucracy to catch up, which is why the confusion arises with the likes of King St and other streets of Pembroke Dock where still being called Parish of St Mary Pembroke.
    The town of Pembroke Dock was begun in 1812 on a green field site formerly known as Paterchurch in the then parish of Pembroke St Mary.
    There are 4 burials of an Elizabeth Davies at Pembroke St Mary register for the period 1839 to 1882 of which non are from the Dock, 2 between 51 and 61 and neither fit your requirements. One must therefore presume Elizabeth’s burial service took place at Pembroke Dock St John.
    Park Street Cemetery was still much in use at the time of your interest and contains the headstones of ;
    + Elizabeth Davies buried 21 Aug 1847 aged 40 years the wife of William Davies
    (however this does not fit with your evidence)
    + William Davies was buried 12 Jan 1863 aged 33 yrs
    + William Davies was buried 28 May 1871 aged 44 yrs
    + William Davies was buried 10 Dec 1860 aged 55 yrs

Rgds
    Owen Ap Benfro

Knowledgeable and helpful

Many thanks,

William was in Cardiff in 1861 with wife Ann, she was from Haverfordwest so I presumed Elizabeth died in Pembroke. Oh well some thing will turn up one day.
    Julie

stonecottage

Default Pembroke Dock Burial

Hello,

I am hoping for a burial record for Elizabeth Williams, (3rd great grandmother) in the Park Street Cemetery. She and her husband, James, both 20, were living in Pembroke Dock on Front Street in the 1841 census; he was a tailor. They had two boys at that time and went on to have a girl and another boy. The last child, Leslie, was born in the first quarter of 1844. I have their marriage record in Milford, Steynton Parish in 1835 - each about 14 years old - married with permission. So she would have been about 23 or 24 years old in 1844 when her last child was born. Her husband remarried in 1847 in Rosemarket Parish so her death was between 1844 and 1847.

I have found several references in the BMDs for Elizabeth Williams during that time period but am hoping to find her burial so I can narrow it down.

Robin

Also - her surname was Williams before her marriage.

Orielbenfro

Quote Originally Posted by stonecottage View Post
    Hello,

I am hoping for a burial record for Elizabeth Williams, (3rd great grandmother) in the Park Street Cemetery. She and her husband, James, both 20, were living in Pembroke Dock on Front Street in the 1841 census; he was a tailor.
    Robin
    The following references are the only burial’s of an Elizabeth Williams, none of which I think are yours however here are the details.
    On the 10 Aug 1852 Elizabeth Williams aged 63 yrs the relick of James Williams buried at Park Street, I have headstone
    Elizabeth Williams born circa 1780 buried at Steynton 17 May 1848
    Elizabeth Williams born circa 1767 buried at Park Street Cemetery 11 Nov 1848.

I presume that your James and Elizabeth Williams mrd steynton 06th Sept 1835 had two sons John aged 4 and Joshua aged 3 in 1841 living in Front Street Pembroke Dock St John in 1841.

What is interesting is that I can not find any reference to the baptism of John, Joshua or Leslie(circa 1844) in the established church, which is a good indication that the family was N-C. Pre Sept 1837 ofcourse all mrge had to be in the established church irrespective of faith followed.

So it would appear that since there is no reference to a burial or a headstone at Park Street that fits your Elizabeth, it may well be that she was N-C.

Park Street was an all faith cemetery from its beginning in 1812, so even if she was N-C she still may have been buried there but that her headstones does not survive, and that the N-C registers for the area have been lost.

Sorry that I can not be of any further assistance at the present time, if you think of anything further please let me know.

Rgds
    Owen Ap Benfro

stonecottage

Owen,

Thank you so much for checking. They were such a young couple - perhaps James couldn't afford much of a marker. I am glad to hear your thoughts about their being non-conformist. It is another avenue to follow. In any event, it is helpful to have this information.

Robin

Paul London

Default Burial of Mary Ann ALDRED - Pembroke

Dear Owen,

I’ve run into the proverbial “brick-wall” in an attempt to bring closure on the life of an ancestor of mine, namely my G/G/grandfather’s sister, Mary Ann ALDRED (nee London). Todate my research would suggest she died in the town of Pembroke and I was wondering if either yourself or any of your fellow genealogists could “throw” some light as to where she may have been buried and indeed any other circumstances surrounding her death, perhaps from local news papers or parish records etc. Her details are as follows:

Name: Mary Ann LONDON
    Born: about December 1810 (based on date of baptism)
    Place of Birth: Croydon, Surrey.
    Baptised: 25th December 1810, at the church of St, John the Baptist, Croydon
    Died: between October-December 1875
    Place of Death: Pembroke, South Wales
    Married: between April – June 1841, Lewisham, Kent

Husband: Marmaduke Revel ALDRED
    Born: about 1817
    Place of Birth: Woolwich, Kent
    Died: between October-Dec 1893
    Place of Death: Greenwich, Kent

The 1871 Census of Wales reads:
    Location - Saint Marys, Tater (this word is not that clear), Pembroke
    Address: 102 North Lowe Street, Pembroke
    Marmaduke R. ALDRED, aged 53, a Shipwright, born Woolwich, Kent,
    Mary A. ALDRED, aged 58, born Croydon, Surrey.

Given this couple's address as indicated in the 1871 Census, and while it's a "long-shot" I'm guessing she may have been buried in the Pembroke area?

Any piece of information would be greatly appreciated.

With kind regards

Paul
    (Masterton - New Zealand)

Orielbenfro

Quote Originally Posted by Paul London View Post
    Dear Owen,

I’ve run into the proverbial “brick-wall” in an attempt to bring closure on the life of an ancestor of mine, namely my G/G/grandfather’s sister, Mary Ann ALDRED (nee London).
    Paul
    (Masterton - New Zealand)
    Paul
    Only just received notice of your forum posting, full and complete answer was sent off Forum, pleased you where happy with results.
    Rgds
    Owen Ap Benfro

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast