Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    bon63

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    A British Home Children site has the three children travelling on the 'Circassian' arriving in 1887. & claimed

Margaret........ b.4th MAy 1876.. Ireland
    Mary Ann.......... b.1878............ Ireland
    James John ....b.13 May 1880. ...Ireland

https://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....hildren/cf.htm

Bonnie such excitement coming thro' in your posts. If you could mention the name of the person you are replying to or even the post no. # in the top right corner it would be easier to know where you are up to

You can also use the replywith quote under each post & edit out the bits you don't need.
    sorry about that..I am a newbie. Yes I have the 3 children..I have now found out about the 2 girls marriages..Yahoo

bon63

susan-y
    now this is most interesting..however..I have now found out that she certainly was married to Edward Francis Murphy..his parents were Edward Murphy & Alice McCabe..and Mary Anne's death cert. of 1913 shows her husband as him and a stillborn child.Yes I know of the Lanark site..BUT they want you to pay for anything..I have tried it many times..but I will look again for her..I doubt they married in Quebec..because as a home child the Breen family of Lanark adopted her as soon as she came to Canada Kingston is where the 3 of them came to..ship landed there with Miss Lacy's group.
    Thanks for the info..
    Bonnie

bon63

Waitabit
    ok I found out last nite from John Sayers..that their father Bartholomew married after Mary Agnes died..now itn's that a kicker??? and he couldn't keep the children?? what a JERK he was. He married a Margaret Roberts and she was 51 when they married in 1890.

bon63

Famous for offering help & advice

bon63
    Have you seen the tree on Ancestry ca ..she has a marriage date of Nov. 18 1908 in Lombardy Ontario for Mary Anne ( Minnie) Fox and Edward Murphy.... her source is listed as a relative....

Sue

I think there is a lot of confusion between Mary and Margaret and you will have to see the actual papers to sort them all out.

bon63

susan-y
    yes but that is a wrong record..see her sister Margaret married an Edward Francis Murphy Nov.18 1908..where did you find the marriage for Mary Anne & Edward in 1910? and the child birth of Oct. 11 1910? I went onto the Lanark site and it shows nothing..??

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by bon63 View Post
    susan-y
    yes but that is a wrong record..see her sister Margaret married an Edward Francis Murphy Nov.18 1908..where did you find the marriage for Mary Anne & Edward in 1910? and the child birth of Oct. 11 1910? I went onto the Lanark site and it shows nothing..??
    I searched for a Murphy baby, mother Mary, born in Smiths Falls before 1911 on Ancestry. I'll pm you....

Sue

bon63

Waitabit

James John..I didn't know he had a middle name..many thanks they are missing my grandma Emily Agnes B;Oct. 28 1883 in West Derby Eng..I have her orig. birth cert. I have a letter that James wrote to Emily in 1903..he was a logger in Catcacoma Ontario.
    I do believe that James was born in 1876 and Margaret in 1879 Mary Anne in 1881..I got my records of them from John Sayer and from searching myself. Yes they did come on the Circassian with Miss Lacy's group in 1887
    Bonnie

bon63

Bee-Jay
    no the census are wrong as usual..Margaret did marry Edward Francis Murphy..BUT his parents were Philip Murphy and Alice Joyce..got this from John Sayers in Ottawa archives..I do not know who did the census for my 2 great aunts and their hubbies..but they SURE goofed. Thanks
    Bonnie

bon63

susan-y
    sorry I meant to answer this before..that tree is from a gal who only copied mine..and I had put in the wrong marriage date for Mary Anne..then I got smart and made my tree private.She only copies info from peoples trees.

Bonnie

bon63

Waitabit
    thanks SO much for the rootsweb info..I was there but do not know how to find things like that??
    Bonnie

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast