Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    bon63

Yes I have that he married Kathleen Clooney and a marriage record for them..but none for my great aunt Mary Anne to him..yes I have her death reg. as well.
    SO how come both of these Edward's had the same mother???? This is the brickwall I am trying to knock down.
    Thanks

bon63

I know..but I have some info on James..I even have a letter that he wrote to Emily YAHOO..my cousin gave it to me.
    I have Emily's birth cert. and it lists her parents as Bartholomew Fox and Mary Agnes Judd..yes they did live on Swan Street..geeze I hope they didn't just "tick" for birthplace.
    Thanks
    Bonnie

bon63

No you are right on..I have this census..Fox was the birth name..Mary's adopted name was Breen
    Margaret's was oops have to look it up
    James went to live with the Monk family in Kingston..but moved back to Ennismore Ontario and joined the army..do not have much on him..don't know if he even married..but do not think so..have a letter he wrote to Emily when he was logging in 1903 in Catchacoma Ontario..that's 1904.sorry.
    All the children came to Canada in 1887 with Miss Lacy's group.
    Bonnie

bon63

OH my gosh..where is it? how do I get it???? Thanks so much!!
    Bonnie

bon63

the girls were apparently bon in Ireland..Mary Anne 1880..Margaret..1877..James..1876/ Emily.my grandmother 1883..I have all her info.
    The 2 girls lived in Lanark Canada..Mary Anne was adopted by the Breen family and Margaret by the Bonville family. James was never adopted but lived with the Monk family.
    Thanks
    Bonnie

bon63

yes I have checked everywhere I can possibly think of..the 2 girls lived in Lanark Ontario..Mary Anne I am pretty sure is buried in Lanark as is her husband Edward Francis Murphy and his 2nd. wife Katherine Clooney.
    Bonnie

bon63

No they were home children..their father Bartholomew put them into the Brownlow workhouse in Liverpool after Mary Agnes Judd died..then they all came to canada in 1887 with Miss Lacy's group.

bon63

Default Mary Anne Fox & Margaret Fox

Quote Originally Posted by georgiep View Post
    Free BMD have a marriage for a Bartholomew Fox to Mary Agnes Judd
    in Widnes Lancashire 1876 4th qtr.

g.p
    ok they were married in england..found the document Oct. 1876..so does this mean that all the children were most likely born in England?
    Bonnie

Name well known on Brit-Gen

A British Home Children site has the three children travelling on the 'Circassian' arriving in 1887. & claimed

Margaret........ b.4th MAy 1876.. Ireland
    Mary Ann.......... b.1878............ Ireland
    James John ....b.13 May 1880. ...Ireland

https://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....hildren/cf.htm

Bonnie such excitement coming thro' in your posts. If you could mention the name of the person you are replying to or even the post no. # in the top right corner it would be easier to know where you are up to

You can also use the replywith quote under each post & edit out the bits you don't need.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Famous for offering help & advice

bon63
    I'm not sure where in Canada you are, but I have found that most local genealogy offices have books with many of the marriages in Ontario...That's how I found my gr. grandparent's when I first started hunting.
    Now... I wondered if any other children had been born before Mary lost this one and then died. ...so I did a Murphy search with the mother's name of Mary and I found this one.. Stillborn Murphy
    date of birth... 11 Oct. 1910
    Lanark..Smiths Falls.
    It is a type written original and it says the father is D.C. Murphy
    This also asks if parents are married and when... date of marriage is given as July 5, 1910 so I then did a search of July 5, 1910 marriages in Ontario and I couldn't find them. I wonder if they married in Quebec?
    Are you familiar with this site.... put the http colon, slash slash and the www dot in front
    genealogylinks.net/canada/ontario/index.html
    and then click on Lanark county... they have a very good looking site and it is located in Smiths Falls.n
    Sue
    Last edited by susan-y; 26-08-2011 at 3:13 AM. Reason: spelling and add on

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast