Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    bon63

Default Mary Anne Fox & Margaret Fox.

These 2 gals were my great aunts..both born in England..parents were Bartholomew Fox & Mary Agnes Judd..born in Ireland..the girls came to canada in 1837 with their sister my grandmother Emily.

Both gals were adopted by families in Lanark..I have this info..what I am looking for is Mary Anne apparently married an Edward Francis Murphy..she died in childbirth in 1913..there is NO marriage ceert. for them

Margaret married an Edward Murphy Nov. 1908..
    I have hit a brickwall as to the parents of these gals husbands and a marriage cert. for Mary Anne..ancestry does have a marriage ceert. for Margaret & Edward and I have a death cert. for edward Francis Murphy.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank-you
    bon63

David Benson

Are you saying both Mary Anne and Margaret married the same Edward Murphy? Perhaps a death cert for Mary Anne may show whether she was married to Edward or just assumed his name if she was living with him.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Bon63, you don't say which part of Canada your people arrived at. Some of us think Ontario is Canada BUT I believe there are other regions.
    Have you checked cemeteries for possible burial of MaryAnne which may mention spouse or Parents etc.?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

georgiep

Hi 1837 to Canada with your Grandma?
    Please can you clarify this year.
    Thanks and all the best
    georgiep

ditto from here,

Mary Anne apparently married an Edward Francis Murphy..she died in childbirth in 1913..there is NO marriage ceert. for them

She would have been 76 if she ws born when the boat sailed, did you mean 73 perhaps? Searching in Canada ( large place) difficult without Birth dates of Mary Anne & Margaret & Residence in Canada. ..Please?
    Happy Families
    Wendy

georgiep

Free BMD have a marriage for a Bartholomew Fox to Mary Agnes Judd
    in Widnes Lancashire 1876 4th qtr.

g.p

BeeJay

From the 1908 marriage registration of Margaret FOX and Edward MURPHY, he was age 32, a farmer, and his parents were Edward John MURPHY and Alice McCABE.

From the 1913 death registration of Mary Ann, Smiths Falls, Lanark County her husband was Edward F. MURPHY.

There’s also this marriage, possibly Mary Ann’s widowed husband:
    Edward Francis MURPHY married Mary Kathleen CLOONEY 19 May 1914, Smith Falls, Lanark County. He was a widower, age 32, a CPR employee, and his parents were Richard MURPHY and Alice McCABE.

I passed by this census for 1881 earlier today & brushed it aside because of the year.

RG11; Piece: 3713; Folio: 64; Page: 17 (crown copywrite TNA)
    Bartw. Fox 30 b Ireland
    Mary Fox 30
    Margt. Fox 3
    James Fox 2
    Mary A. Fox
    then I wondered was fox their birth name or adoptive name?

sorry,forgot the submit button.
    Happy Families
    Wendy

georgiep

Hi interesting find in 1881, all born in Ireland.
    Living in 48 Swan St Everton, Bart an omnibus guard.
    Do you think perhaps the enumerator just ticked Ireland for the kiddies birthplace?
    bon hasn't mentioned young James.
    You have to wonder about the marriage I found in Widnes??
    If the correct parents have been listed for the two girls and we need more about grannie Emily.
    Thanks
    g.p

bon63

no 2 different Edward Murphy's..her death cert. says that her husband was Edward Francis Murphy..and for her sister..there is No death cert..or note of when she died.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast