Patsy Norman

Lightbulb Help in Sunderland and Newcastle

My Grandfather James Quinn ...a Publican ...had a brother John Quinn .....both born in Pelaw until the family went to Noble Street Elswick......John and a younger brother Felix moved to Monwearmouth had him up to 1911 in Monkwearmouth Sunderland ......a publican..... he had it is believed owned two public houses ....one.... run by his younger brother Felix Quinn and his wife Annie Quinn nee Sullivan....Felix died as did his son John and Annie continued to run.. the Mariners Inn in Monkwearmouth.......John ....had a son John an engineer ....his wife was Mary Quinn nee McArlin they had been in touch with his sister ... Mary Ann Scollan nee Quinn until around 1915 ...... there mother who lived with Mary Ann and the Scollan Family at Seaham .......The menfolk worked as Miners at Easington Colliery. .... Ann Quinn nee McCart was there mother and died in there home .... .....John and Mary his wife in attendance at Seaham at the death of John and Mary Ann's mother ..... she was buried in Seaham Cemetary.... in a grave.... two of the scollan children had been buried in...How do I go about finding what happened to John and Mary and there son........The Scollan family including Mary Ann nee Quinn and her husband Patrick Scollan up sticks and went off to Staten Island in USA in the 1920's .........I am in touch with that branch but what happened to John and Family ...........Any help as I know nothing about Sunderland ....

So how do I find John .... Mary and there son John who was an Engineer ...........?????????

Coromandel

Hello Patsy

So that we have some dates/places to go on, could you confirm whether this is the right family in 1881:

4 and 6 Noble Street, Elswick, Northumberland
    (RG 11/5054, f.149, p.30)

Patrick QUIN, provision merchant, and his wife Jane, with seven children at home including John (19) and Felix (6). All the children shown as born in Newcastle.

Coromandel

Oops, forgot to say "Census returns Crown copyright, in care of The National Archives"

Patsy Norman

Hi Coramandel .....My broad band and google has come back on they hate me .....Did you get my message......actually Patrick John and James first three ....all born in Felling near Gateshead ..Patsy