Del 80

Default McCreadie & Calvert Families

Hi, Anyone have any info. on McCreadie & Calvert families, Martha Calvert m Hugh Joseph Clarke, at Ardrossan in 1918, her father is given as Andrew Calvert, her mother Helen m/s McCreadie, when Martha died in 1931 her mother is given as AGNES, all very confusing!! any information much appreciated, Regards Del.

Famous for offering help & advice

There is a birth on SP of a Martha Calvert in 1892 in Canonbie, Dumfries. No other Martha Calverts between 1880 and 1902 that I can see.

Edit
    On Family search in 1911 census in London Kensington there is a Martha Calvert born 1892 Canonbie.
    There is also a Martha Calvert b1892 Scotland who married in Michigan in 1925.

Also on SP there is a Jane Calvert b Ardrossan in 1902.

the 1901 Scottish census has 2 Marthas aged between 0 and 10.

Del 80

Hi Grisel, Martha was born in 1896, SP has her marriage in 1918 aged 22, I know her father was was Andrew, and that's about it !! Regards Del

I can't see a birth of a Martha in 1896. Maybe she also has another name. Have you picked them up in the census? There seems to be an Andrew Calvert age 30 - 40 in Ardrossan in 1901, second person Agnes. Might be worth checking.

No Andrew in 1911 but an Agnes age 40-50, second person Martha.

Del 80

There is a slight possibility that Martha's middle name was Shirley, allthough I cannot confirm this, it is something that I have heard several times before, Regards Del.

The 1901 index on SP shows a 4 year old Maria Calvert in Ardrossan, with an Andrew as second person. I think that would be worth looking at. can't see any Shirleys in 1901.

And the only marriage I can see between an Andrew Calvert and an Agnes seems to be in 1901 in Roxburgh which doesn't seem very likely for your couple.

Del 80

Hugh Joseph Clarke's second wife was named SHEILA Monaghan so I wonder if over the years this has become confused with Shirley, and the two people mixed up. Regards Del.