Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nicolina

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolina View Post
    it might be interesting to find out what happened to Ernest and Benjamin.
    found Benjamin's marriage
    June qtr 1927
    Benjamin MAYNER married Beatrice SANDERSON in Birmingham North District.

not found Earnest's marriage though

Nicolina

just PM'ed you with more info.

Thachuk

My Gran was a Middlemore child. Her father obviously took his waif like children to them more than once and left them in Middlemore's care. I think many parents just went and begged them to take their children. A note from a doctor , minister or such always helped to prove the parent was in dire straights. They took only those MOST in need- starving, mistreated etc. Records do exist- often only a few lines when they got to Canada from an inspector once a year.

Brock

Quote Originally Posted by SPWright View Post
    Hi everyone now that I know one of my relatives came over with the Middlemore Home children is there a way to find out why she was put in the home in the first place? Info as follows Kate E Mayner dep. Liverpool 16 May 1914 age 11 via Carthaginian arr. Halifax NS Canada 30 May 1914. Her parents were Daniel & Selina Mayner. As I've just learned from your wonderful help her mother could be listed as Emily.(new wife) She stayed in the city of Halifax with a family with the last name of Walker. Thank you for putting me on the track to the answers I crave. From a thankful heart Susan
    Hi Susan, you have likely found the information you were seeking by now but just in case you haven't i found that Kate Elizabeth Mayner is listed in the Middlemore Application Books. Her entry shows that she had 4 siblings. The home address at the time of application was 9 Matlock Place, Alford Road, Witton.
    Her guardian was named as Daniel Mayner.
    The notes state that her mother was dead but that she had a stepmother.
    The notes also state that 2 of her brothers were in the Gordon Working Boys Home in Deritend, Birmingham.

I hope that this information might be useful to you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12