Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    David Annis

Welcome to Brit Gen.
    Where was Violet Ann born. I cannot find any reference to a Violet Ann Cosnett.
    Cheers
    Dave.

ianjbennett

We have a Jane Cosnett in our family tree born 1862 in Pershore , she moved to Wombourne Staffordshire and married my great grandad. She died 2 months after my grand father was born, she was just 39. We have a photograph of her which I can e-mail to you if it helps, we are still trying to piece together circumstances that bought them together and also a link to Cleobury Mortimer where it is rumoured my grandad went to live when he was first born not having a mother. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Ian

coenmfam

Jane Cosnett appears in the 1861 census according to the LDS search
    in 1861
    she was 20 yrs old, unmarried, a domestic servant for Frederich William CUBBERLEY
    b Pershore Worcester England

and I am hoping I am doing the right thing here
    Source Information:
    Dwelling Polecat Green
    Census Place Upton On Severn, Worcester, England
    Family History Library Film 1341700
    Public Records Office Reference RG11
    Piece / Folio 2922 / 142
    Page Number 5

David Annis

Ian,
    it may help if we had the details of your Grandfathers name, date of birth and place.
    Also his fathers family.
    Who was your grandfathers mother and father and where did they live.
    Cheers
    Dave.

ianjbennett

this Jane Cosnett must have been my great grand mothers mom also called jane. it gets very complicated

lholder

Hi Dave, my brother has asked me to forward the information we have regarding our great grandmother Jane. She married John Bennett in 1894 and died in Nov 1901 aged 39. We believe John Bennett was born in 1858 and his parents were John and possibly Anne Bennett who married in 1854. Hope this information to helpful to you

David Annis

John Bennett snr married Ann Rogers 1854.
    His mother and father were John Bennett. b 1799 Staffordshire.(Shoe Maker). Rachel. b 1805. Shropshire (Binder).

John Bennett. b 1858, your great grandfather, I have yet to pinpoint him in the 1911 census.
    In 1901 he is with his wife Jane in Wombourne. He is a "Carter" on a farm. They have a daughter Jane, aged 4 years.
    What was your Grandfathers name. John again I bet and do you think he would be in Shropshire in 1911.
    As G/G Granmother implies she is from Shropshire, the little one therefore may well have been sent to live with inlaws.
    Cheers
    Dave.

escape799

Hi Dave thanks for your response, Violet Ann claims to have been born in Napier Scotland, but in modern day Scotland there is no Napier, I have tried Napier in New Zealand and South Africa. So at the moment I am at a total loss. I see you have a Grand father that went to the Boer War, was he a Cosnett, I am thinking that maybe Violet's mother was a Cosnett and when she married Violet was born under her fathers name and when her parents died she assumed her Uncles name (mothers brother) and was shipped with him and his family to the Boer War. If your Grandfather was a Cosnett did he die in South Africa?
    Apologies for the vague ness and waffle.
    Cheers
    escape799 (Shelley)

coenmfam

quite a few Cosnetts moved to New Zealand
    I am descended from one of them
    no info on when or how many sorry
    mine were mostly in Auckland NZ

Nev

David Annis

I am afraid I have no grandfather with the name Cosnett.
    Since 1820 the Cosnett family have mingled in my family tree.
    Pershore is a small rural market town and pre 1900 it was less than a third the size it is today.
    The name Cosnett goes back into the Tudor period in Pershore and is one of the towns oldest family names, amongst others, and can be found in and outside Pershore to this day.
    The townspeoples main income was from agriculture and market gardening which was pretty well still intact up untill the 1950s. It was a town in an orchard, sadly that is not the case today.
    When I get a chance I will look up Shellys request as I have got an extensive copy of the Cosnett family tree.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast