millorange

Wink Opening the Closed Doors and more!!!

Good morning!!! Thought I would stop by and say thank you once more!!!! I spent over 2 hours last night talking with E and L - the uncle and his wife the wall busters found for me last week. All the information you gave me was 100% correct. E is the son of Ewart Gardner and his second wife so was able to fill in much more. They have been working on the history for many years and have given me a copy of all the Gardner research they have done BUT I was able to supply 2 pieces of information they didn't have thanks to you!!! There though still is a mystery to solve - - Ethel May Gardner was born Jan 1914 (Barrow on the Soar) but her mother Mary Elizabeth Fuller was in Canada then - she came to Canada in 1912 (have the manifest) and only returned to England in April 1914 (have details of manifest for Mary but not a copy). . . .so the work continues.

E, L and I are going to be working together going forward and talk regularly.

Thank you so much!!!

v.wells

Terrific news millorange! I am so happy you were able to find the uncle and family. Keep up the good work

millorange

Quote Originally Posted by v.wells View Post
    Terrific news millorange! I am so happy you were able to find the uncle and family. Keep up the good work
    they actually live fairly close to you - in St Albert . . . .but they will be coming to London, On in Sept - which is only a couple of hours from here so we may go and meet them there

spison

Excellent News Millorange.
    Jane

Mutley

What does the birth certificate for Ethel May say, who registered it?

Ethel M Gardner, Mother's Maiden Name, Fuller
    Date of Registration, Mar 1914
    Registration district, Barrow Upon Soar, Leicestershire
    7a/297

millorange

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    What does the birth certificate for Ethel May say, who registered it?

Ethel M Gardner, Mother's Maiden Name, Fuller
    Date of Registration, Mar 1914
    Registration district, Barrow Upon Soar, Leicestershire
    7a/297
    thats what we are checking into now - - - E has her birth certifcate but didn't know Mary was in Canada when Ethel May was born so he is going to dig it out and have a closer look at it. . . .and also see if she travelled with a baby and reigstered her when she got to England
    don't families do the strangest things - make this a real challenge at times!!!

Initially Ewart (Mary's husband) was going to follow her back to England but the war intervened and he ended up in the Canadian military and Mary was stuck in Britian. She came back to Ewart in Canada in 1919 - and was there until she died in 1926.

Mutley

=millorange;481367
    E has her birth certifcate but didn't know Mary was in Canada when Ethel May was born so he is going to dig it out and have a closer look at it. . . .and also see if she travelled with a baby and reigstered her when she got to England
    don't families do the strangest things - make this a real challenge at times!!!
    Please post the outcome, I am really fascinated to know the those details.
    "The strangest things" are often so exciting.....

millorange

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    Please post the outcome, I am really fascinated to know the those details.
    "The strangest things" are often so exciting.....
    I certainly will post the outcome - though it may take some time - E is moving next month and thinks the genealogy originals are packed already