Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    agennie

I really appreciate you getting me all that info. I think Sarah could fit in between Mary Ann 1816 and Thomas 1823.

Blackwater Park

Hi

Although I'm not a direct descendant, I do have the Shucks on the periphery of my family tree on the grounds that Frederick Shuck's last son, Albert, married Fanny Oakey. Just in case you're interested, they had eight children and obviously had a bit of a thing for names ending in -yn since among them were Ethelwyn (1897), Selwyn (1899) and Evelyn (1999).

Sadly it appears that Selwyn was a victim of the first World War. At this website there is a war memorial which has his name on.

https://www.carlscam.com/wilmslow/refuge.htm

Evidently he was a Lieutenant Corporal in the Oxford & Bucks Light Infantry. The Commonwealth War Graves Commission site reveals the following:

SHUCK
    Initials: S H
    Nationality: United Kingdom
    Regiment/Service: Oxford and Bucks Light Infantry
    Unit Text: 2nd Bn.
    Date of Death: 12/09/1918
    Service No: 34752
    Additional information: Son of Albert and Fanny Shuck, of 66, Woolhope Rd., Worcester.
    Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
    Grave/Memorial Reference: I. B. 1.
    Cemetery: LAGNICOURT HEDGE CEMETERY

I don't know a great deal about the other children.

agennie

Thank you so much for the info about Selwyn. I found a picture of his tombstone

https://www.
    findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSsr=41&GScid=2348739&GRid=50598055 &
    after you give me all that info. Do you happen to know where his father Alfred and Fanny were buried? Maybe that what give me a clue as to where Fredrick Shuck and his wife were buried.
    Thanks again!
    Last edited by notanotherminer; 08-06-2011 at 2:16 AM. Reason: Edited direct link. The site asks for donations

Blackwater Park

Thanks for that picture, when I last looked I couldn't find one so it's appeared since.

Unfortunately I only know that Albert Shuck died in 1939 and his wife 10 years earlier in 1929, and they both died in the Worcester district, but I have no idea where they're buried. I'm sure it'll be somewhere in Worcester but I think you may need some help from someone who still lives there for that one (sadly I don't!).

agennie

THanks for all the information. I will keep searching.

RickJO

I appreciate this is an old thread, however if there is still any interest, Alfred (John) Shuck son of Frederick and Eliza nee Siers is my 2nd Great Grandfather. I believe Frederick could have been a first or second name as on Alfred Shucks marriage certificate he is identified as John. Eliza registered the death of Alfred's first wife Ann (nee Broadfield) on 18/04/1871 aged 40.

agennie

Hi, Yes I think Frederick's name is Fredrick John Shuck. I had in my notes that Alfred John (son of Fredrick John and Eliza Siers Shuck) was born 1851 St. Martins, Worcester and might have married Mary Jane Barker in 1872 St. Martin, Worcester. Do you know this to be true? I do not have a death date for Alfred John or Mary Jane. Or for his parents Fredrick John or Eliza. (the line I have researching is Alfred's sister's line Emily who married John Pugh who immigrated to the United States)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12