Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Loves to help with queries

Agnes O'Neill born 1827 in Scotland parents are Terence O'Neill born 1796 and Agnes Peacock born 1796. Siblings are James born 1821 and Charles born 1816 and married Alice Reid born 1823. Last seen in 1841 in Paisley Scotland on Lawn Street...where did Agnes and James go!??!?!

Johnjo

Lightbulb O'Neill's of Paisley

I have a Death cert. of Neil O'Neill 1875 father Torrance O'Neill and Agnes O'Neill formally Peacock both deceased. Does this help? He was married to Margaret Stalker.

Johnjo

I have traced my family tree back as far as Torrance O'Neill and Agnes Peacock. Perhaps we can help each other? I am originally from Renfrew and my family originate from Lawn Street, Paisley. I was staggered yesterday when I read your post, I initially though it was my words that I was reading. I have placed a headstone in Hawkhead cemetery Paisley to my grandfather John O'Neill. I also have evidence of family moving to the US. What is your interest in the O'Neill line?

John, I'm so sorry in taking some time in getting back to you had to take time off to tend to my mother. I too can document Torrence and Agnes Peacock. I am related to Charles O'Neill and Mary McGhee who had Charles and married Mary Fraser and they had James O'Neill who married Jean Ross which are my grandparents that came to America. My father was James Joseph O'Neill (actually born in USA though his siblings were born in Scotland. I would love to chat more with you and see how we can help each other.

We were actually in Paisley last August (went to Olympics than did some family research in England, Ireland and Scotland). We visited Hawkhead Cemetery and took a bunch of pictures (just in case) and found a John O'Neill died 1961 with wife Mary Patterson died 1978...is that your John O'Neill? Unfortunately I had the family with me so I wasn't able to spend a ton of time going through the whole place. I also went to Woodside Cemetery where I found Charles O'Neill and Mary McGhee and family grave. I have a bunch of pictures and various information I found and have not been able to go through it all yet. Will wait to hear from you and than we can hopefully confirm a family member. If you have access to Ancestry.com, I have a tree on it called O'Neill Family by allisonx3. Can't wait to hear back from you!! Allison
    '

Looking for children of, if any: James O'Neill 1892-1961, Paisley Scotland married Marion Williamson 1892-1973, Paisley Scotland. (James parents were William and Margaret Campbell and Marion's were John & Anges Mc ?). Last know address was according to marriage certificate dated 28, Dec. 1917 James living at 6 Abbey Terrace and Marion living at 5 Sutherland Street. Would love to find some kids of theirs, if any!!

MCGhee side of the family. Looking for any help at all as to Richard, father as well as any other information anyone has/finds.

Robert McGhee born 1789 in Ireland (not sure where) married Marjory McBride born 1789 had at least one child:

Hugh McGhee born 1808 in Ireland and died 1861 in Paisley - he married Margaret McEtheney (spelling?) they had the following children all born in Ireland, as far as I know;

Jane born 1841 died 1863 in Paisley
    Mary born 1844 died 1932 in Paisley married Charles O'Neill
    Robert born 1845
    William born 1847 married Agnes Quigley (2nd marriage - not sure of first wife)
    John born 1849 died 1925 in Paisley married Annie Hughes
    Ann born 1852
    Michael born 1856 died 1937 in Troon, Scotland married Rose Digney

Again thank you all for your help!!

Looking for some help again.

Mary McGuinness, born August 25, 1912, 52 Canal Street (i think canal), Paisley Scotland - Illegitmate. Father, James McGuinness, Ironmoulder, 3 Young Street and mother Jenny O'Neill, Threadmill worker. According to the birth certificate.

Can't seem to find anything on the parents. Believe they eventually got married and may have moved to the US (Mary McGuinness moved here in 1931. on Immigration record gives an Aunt Agnes Fraser, 3 Hannay Street, Paisley.

Any help is so much appreicated

Thanks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345