Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by shippo View Post
    George's marriage cert. #20
    Any success with this search for George Gibson and/or William Gibson and/or Susannah Hutchinson ? I am interested in this line too.

A fountain of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by gibson1800 View Post
    Any success with this search for George Gibson and/or William Gibson and/or Susannah Hutchinson ? I am interested in this line too.
    Hi, no sorry im no further with it than i was before. Im beginning to think that "George Gibson" may not have been his real name

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

George Gibson married to Eliza Downs, Born Glendalough,Wicklow,Ireland.Georges father was William Gibson and mother was Jane.He (George)was born in Essex England (Ebington, Middlesex. He had 8 living issue and 2 male issue deseased. Eliza`s father was William Downs (farmer) mother was Mary Edwards. Eliza arrived on the ship "Parsee"on 11th January. 1852.I have a small publication of the family history with birth deaths and marriage cert. I am willing to pass this on via email if you get in touch. Would love exchange of info.i am related to George and Eliza through both my mother and father. [email protected]

A fountain of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by cherry91 View Post
    George Gibson married to Eliza Downs, Born Glendalough,Wicklow,Ireland.Georges father was William Gibson and mother was Jane.He (George)was born in Essex England (Ebington, Middlesex. He had 8 living issue and 2 male issue deseased. Eliza`s father was William Downs (farmer) mother was Mary Edwards. Eliza arrived on the ship "Parsee"on 11th January. 1852.I have a small publication of the family history with birth deaths and marriage cert. I am willing to pass this on via email if you get in touch. Would love exchange of info.i am related to George and Eliza through both my mother and father. [email protected]
    Hi,

George's mother according to his marriage certificate was Susannah, on his death cert. it has Jane. Im more inclined to believe his marriage cert. as the death cert. are only filled out as good as the informant knew.
    Will PM you.

Dundee10

Shippo, do you have a best guess on where George was actually born?

Marriage cert: Ebington, Middlesex
    Child's birth cert: Abington, England
    Death cert: Essex

Dundee10

Quote Originally Posted by cherry91 View Post
    Eliza arrived on the ship "Parsee" on 11th January. 1852.
    No she didn't. That Eliza was a 29 year old woman from Staffordshire travelling with her husband and children.

Your Eliza arrived in 1854 on the General Hewitt with her parents William and Mary and siblings, William, Francis, Anne, and Phillip.

William's parents are Phillip and Eliza (dead) and Mary's are Francis and Eleanor EDWARDS (dead).

Basic passenger lists here:

https://srwww.records.nsw.gov.au/eboo...neral%20Hewitt

Pages 2 and 3, and Eliza is on page 11 with the single females as she was over 14. The Immigration Board record confirms that she was the daughter of William and Mary DOWNES, onboard.

They disembarked in Queensland:

https://www.archives.qld.gov.au/Resea...m_ID_18474.pdf

A fountain of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee10 View Post
    Shippo, do you have a best guess on where George was actually born?

Marriage cert: Ebington, Middlesex
    Child's birth cert: Abington, England
    Death cert: Essex
    Hi, my best guest would be Ebington but i have been unable to find them in any of the places mentioned.

I find it strange that the only people looking into this family are the Australians. No one from the UK are researching them. Its like George didnt exist until his wedding day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123