Colin Rowledge

Default Tracing parents and siblings of 4XGGFather

While waiting for cerificates on my 'infamous Ahlstedt's', I thought about my 4XGGFather Samuel Rowledge born in 1767 in Rickmansworth who married Ann Woods [1771], also from Rickmansworth. Fortunately, I found marriage details on-line that confirms a marriage in Harefield, Middlesex on November 15, 1793. Contact with the church has provided no additional information.

I then contacted Hertfordshire FHS with no response's from them.

Some forum members suggested other leads and contact with them is leading me to private services - i,e genealogists.

Details found on Familysearch are primarily 'submitted reference's and as this is really my family, I want or at least, would like confirmation of events.

LDS facilities to me are incompatible.

Any other ideas?

Mutley

Parish Registers?

Harefield, 1546-1837
    https://www.parishchest.com/index.php...1&pageOffset=1

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Colin

Are you asking about the marriage record? The image from the register is online at Ancestry - though they have transcribed the date as 1893!!!

It confirms that Samuel was of Rickmansworth, though Ann was of Harefield. (Maybe only temporarily?)

Arthur

pennydog

Colin,

As Harefield is in Middlesex, and part of the London Borough of Hillingdon, have you made contact with the Hillingdon Family History Society? - just google it. They may be more receptive to your enquries than Hertfordshire, and St Mary's Harefield. They have a page on Harefield with details of where information is available.

Colin Rowledge

Thank you all!!
    Here follows what I have:
    Marriage details - Pallots and London England Marruages and Banns - confirming marriage dates, no parents but witnesses Joseph and Martha Woods
    Death and Burial of Ann - February 4, 1841 at St. Mary the Virgin, Rickmansworth
    1841 census - Samuel [with phonetic spelling Rolidge] living with a couple [Thomas and Mary Turner] at Church Row, Rickmansworth. The Turner's ages were 79 and 72 and Samuel was 70
    Samuel died O/N/D q. 1844

As to Arthurk I think she may have been a servant in Harefield prior to her marriage. Her place and date of birth was obtained from an A. tree but could just as well been Haslingden, Lancashire in 1773 as noted on several other A. trees

Since details of her place of origin are unconfirmed I want to make sure as much as possible that information is correct