macca234

Default Nottingham Paterson/Barlow

Hi all
    I haven't used this site for ages and have forgotten a few ways of finding out info for myself.

So I am hoping somebody can help me here.

I have just found out that my Great Uncle (my grandmother's brother) called Frederick James Paterson was married in 1931 June 7b 924 to Elsie E Barlow. The funny thing is he was with, who I called Auntie Sadie for years and we always presumed they were married, but we cant find a marriage certificate and nobody in the family seems to know if they actually got married. Though called Sadie her name was Sarah Dewhurst.

I would like to know if there was a divorce for Fred and Elsie? If I look to see marriages of Elise Barlow in Nottingham for some time after 1931, there are 2, for a Sept 1939 to a man called Barry and in March 1941 to a man called Pashley. Could it be that she re-married? If she did there should be a divorce. Also if we cant find a marriage for Fred and Sadie, perhaps they never did divorce.

I would be really pleased if anybody could help me with a divorce for Fred and Elise and a possible marriage for Fred and Sarah (aka Sadie)

Hopefully
    Macca

Mutley

It might help to look here at The National Archives.
    I entered Frederick Patterson/Paterson into the search box and your great Uncle did not come up.
    It maybe worth trying all the different names you have mentioned with variations of the spellings.

Famous for offering help & advice

Do you knoe Elsie's DOB?

macca234

Thank you very much. I have been searching through various info all night and had just stumbled across a marriage for Dewhurst\Paterson but it did not have a year on it, so many thanks for the 1972 date, it sounds as though that is it.

I will look to see if I can find a death for Elsie Paterson in Nottingham.

He was a sneeky Uncle and nobody saw any wedding photos.

Many thanks, I am so pleased.

Macca

macca234

I cannot find a divorce but I just don't know when they might have been divorced either as Fred got married in 1972. I think I would have to visit Kew to find out wouldn't I?

I cannot find a death of an Elsie Paterson in 1970's either, which could explain why Fred and Sadie got married so much later after they met, ie some 40 yrs. It is that the death records are not completed?

What shall I look for next? can anybody look up a death of an Elise E Paterson possibly Nottingham area??

thanks

Macca

macca234

thank you for this, I will send up for the marriage certificate and go from there. macca

Mutley

The nearest I can see is in Liverpool in 1969 born 1911.
    Best wait for the marriage certificate to find her age and that will narrow it down some.