chopendoz

Default POTTER - Banbury, Birmingham, Shipston

I am researching the POTTER family that seem to have originated in the Cotswolds, Oxfordshire and eventually to Birmingham. They were predominately tailors until the 1840's. Please contact me for more information.
    Last edited by chopendoz; 01-05-2011 at 1:18 PM. Reason: spelling

bonelady

Hi My mothers name was Potter, born in Cheltenham and appear from my research to have stayed there, the few I can find an occupation for were labourers but Potters are like Smiths so could be related or not, what do you think.

chopendoz

Quote Originally Posted by bonelady View Post
    Hi My mothers name was Potter, born in Cheltenham and appear from my research to have stayed there, the few I can find an occupation for were labourers but Potters are like Smiths so could be related or not, what do you think.
    My POTTERs do not seem to have ventured further west than Shipston. The POTTERs that lived further west seem to be mostly farmers - and not related to my branch.

bonelady

ok, good luck with your query. bonelady

Borogirl

hi
    my Grandmother's maiden name was Potter. She died in 1946 aged 42 yrs. Her father was Calthorpe and his family originally came from Banbury, Oxfordshire. I live in Middlesbrough which is where Calthorpe's father Richard moved to.