terrysfamily

Default Marriage entry confusion

Looking on Anc* I have found a marriage for who I think is my grandfathers cousin (can’t name him as be was born in 1944 and may still be living) This is taken from their BMD records – not family trees.

There are 2 entries for this particular marriage

1st entry
    groom first name, second initial ‘H’ and surname
    Bride First name, initial and surname

Married Mar 1977 Kensington, Middlesex

2nd entry
    groom first name, second initial ‘H’ and surname (same as first entry)
    Bride First name, initial (same as first entry) surname different

Married Mar 1977 Kensington, Middlesex

(I think it may mean that the bride had been married previously)

Although on FMP in both instances the grooms second initial is ‘M

There is a marriage 6 years earlier for a groom with the second initial ‘H’ on both Anc* and FMP in the county of Middlesex, the bride is a totally different person.

Who has the correct entry, Anc* or FMP ?

Terry

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by terrysfamily View Post
    Who has the correct entry, Anc* or FMP ? Terry
    Terry, I think you may have to resort to asking members to reply via P.Ms given the years mentioned.

There is a marriage 6 years earlier for a groom with the second initial ‘H’ on both Anc* and FMP in the county of Middlesex, the bride is a totally different person.
    Have you looked on Genes reunited or other sites to contact people of these years?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Reputation beyond repute

Who has the correct entry, Anc* or FMP ?
    Both sites provide links to the original record. Shouldn't you be looking at that?

I thought we'd had it laid down that it was OK to simply quote from the GRO index, which is a public document.

terrysfamily

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    Have you looked on Genes reunited or other sites to contact people of these years?
    Never thought of that Wendy, I'll see what I can find. As long as you don't need a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Both sites provide links to the original record. Shouldn't you be looking at that?
    I would Peter but I don't have subs to either..... Hang on Anc* has free access at the moment. I'll take a look.

Thank you both.

Terry

terrysfamily

Sorry made a mistake in my original post, the groom was born in 1948 not 1944.

I’ve had a look on FreeBMD, FMP, Anc* and Genes reunited for a birth for the Groom, with or without a middle initial anywhere in the country and only one person has ever been registered with that particular name. Although, the groom with the ‘M’ could have come from abroad I supose.

I've had a look on Anc* and can't make out whether it's an 'H' or an 'M', could be either. Not able to look at the one on FMP. Genes reunited have 'M' the same as FMP but not sure if these 2 sites are related in any way, so don't know if their both singing from the same hymn sheet.

Can’t find anyone else researching this gentleman,

Hmmm, I shall sit and ponder a while.

Terry

Reputation beyond repute

I would Peter but I don't have subs to either..... Hang on Anc* has free access at the moment. I'll take a look.
    FreeBMD has images of the GRO index pages for 1977 marriages. And they're free!

Choose "View Images" from the FreeBMD home page.