Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    silverender

I have been double checking my information on ARTHUR MACK and ARTHUR JOSEPH S MACK and have come to the conclusion they are the same man. Both the ARTHURS married a KATHERINE ELIZABETH YATES, surely there cant be 2 women with the same name and birth married to a MACK. Any ideas are most welcome.

Coromandel

Hi Teresa

From information provided by Procat in earlier posts, it looks to me as if they are two different men:

Arthur Joseph South Mack's parents were Arthur & Priscilla (post #2)

but

Arthur Mack who married Catherine Elizabeth Yates was son of Robert Mack (post #9). Rose Maud's birth certificate shows that it was this couple who were her parents.

Unless I have missed it, I don't see any evidence that Arthur Joseph South Mack married Catherine Yates.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Coromandel View Post
    Hi Teresa

From information provided by Procat in earlier posts, it looks to me as if they are two different men:

Arthur Joseph South Mack's parents were Arthur & Priscilla (post #2)
    Well unless my eyes have gone crazy, looking at this christening record, the parents of Arthur Joseph South MACK were recorded as Robert and Priscilla.

Bethnal Green St James the Great
    Christened on 6 Apr 1873, born Mar 16
    Name: Arthur Joseph South
    Parents: Robert and Priscilla
    Surname: MACK
    Abode: 6 Daniel St

Edit: Arthur J. S. Mack is in the 1881 census with his parents Robert and Priscilla. His father's occupation on the census is Chair Maker.
    Last edited by olliecat; 09-05-2011 at 6:43 PM. Reason: Added extra info

Nicolina

Quote Originally Posted by silverender View Post
    I have been double checking my information on ARTHUR MACK and ARTHUR JOSEPH S MACK and have come to the conclusion they are the same man. Both the ARTHURS married a KATHERINE ELIZABETH YATES, surely there cant be 2 women with the same name and birth married to a MACK. Any ideas are most welcome.
    This is possible. My G-G-Grandfather married, for the second time, in 1876 in Depwade District and I had to buy 2 certificates because in the same quarter there was another marriage in Norwich District where both the bride and groom had the same names. However it appears as though this is not what happened in your case. There is a marriage for Arthur Joseph MACK in 1899 where the bride was either Clara KIRK or Florence Emily NORRIS. A look at the 1901 Census confirms the bride as Florence Emily NORRIS (RG13/1574/159 Page 1) and Arthur J as a Sewing Machine Agent born about 1865.
    Elaine

Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by olliecat View Post
    Well unless my eyes have gone crazy, looking at this christening record, the parents of Arthur Joseph South MACK were recorded as Robert and Priscilla. . . . Edit: Arthur J. S. Mack is in the 1881 census with his parents Robert and Priscilla. His father's occupation on the census is Chair Maker.
    Thanks for that clarification, olliecat! I am Ancestryless in the evenings so couldn't check the details myself. Now it does sound as if these two Arthurs are the same after all!

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by olliecat View Post
    Well unless my eyes have gone crazy, looking at this christening record, the parents of Arthur Joseph South MACK were recorded as Robert and Priscilla.
    My deepest apologies to all. An extremely bad typo on my part. You are totally correct Olliecat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12