Loves to help with queries

Talking london hotel southend on sea 1900

hi , my gt grandad, william arthur hine, b 1853 d 1923, well in 1871 he was a manger of the fountin pub in the strand london then 1881 manger of the duke of clarence in tower hamlet, then 1901 manger of the london hotel southend on sea, i know in 1891 he was in crystel palace, well i wonder if anyone out their knows if their are any picture,s of tthe london hotel , it would be nice to put on my family tree,
    thank,s tony.p

Coromandel

Hi Tony

You're in luck . . . there's a photo on eBay at the moment, which even says 'W.A. Hine, proprietor' on it!

https://
    cgi.ebay.co.uk/SOUTHEND-ON-SEA-London-Hotel-/250771790891

thank,s coromandel,
    i viewed the post card on ebay and brought it, because william arthur hine was a landlord for quite a few pub,s
    is their any chance off their being any photo,s off him and staff standing outside of the public house,

Hinefind

Quote Originally Posted by antony1958 View Post
    hi , my gt grandad, william arthur hine, b 1853 d 1923, well in 1871 he was a manger of the fountin pub in the strand london then 1881 manger of the duke of clarence in tower hamlet, then 1901 manger of the london hotel southend on sea, i know in 1891 he was in crystel palace, well i wonder if anyone out their knows if their are any picture,s of tthe london hotel , it would be nice to put on my family tree,
    thank,s tony.p
    George Frederick Hine was my great grandfather and was married to Alice James. George was Williams brother. Their son Lionel Joseph was my grandfather. George managed the Falcon Hotel at Waltham Cross and my grandfather worked in the business until he moved to Westcliffe on sea to manage a hotel there. I can't find out anything about that or where it was.
    Regards,
    Hinefind.

hi hine family,
    have you a family tree on ancestry.co, i would love to see it, on this site type in annie maria hine (james ) its a long story, ive been trying to find her birth certificate i think she,s related to alice james my email is antony1958AThotmailDOTcoDOTuk i would love for a chat, i have a picture of the london hotel & of william arthur hine,
    hpoe to hear from you, antony .p
    Last edited by christanel; 25-10-2013 at 11:59 PM. Reason: email editedto deter spam

hi hinefind,
    have you got any old photo,s of the hine family , iwould love to place them on my family tree.
    many thank, tony.p

hi hindfind,
    did you read the annie maria hine (james ) thread, if so have you any idear about it
    many thank,s tony .p