norman2

Default Morayshire to Boston

Hi folks
    I cant trace Robina Jack or Riach after 1901 she was born 18 june 1870 in Elgin Morayshie Scotland and she can be traced by cecsus untill 1901 after that I cant find her there was a rumour in the family that she wet to Boston and I recently recieved a photo of her from a Canadian relitive and it was written on the back that she went to Boston she might have used ether Jack or riach as a surname can anyone help. norman2

Brick wall demolition expert!

Scotlands People have announced that the 1911 Scottish Census will be available on Tuesday 5th April 2011, so you can check the 1911 census for her shortly. You say she could be under the name Riach or Jack. Do you suspect she married someone with the surname Jack?

There is a passenger list with a Robina Jack travelling from Glasgow to Canada in 1920. Her age was recorded as 47 and she was married. Other Jack's travelling on the same ship were a 50 year old married Robert Jack and a 14 year old William Jack.

norman2

Hi Robina was illegitimate her father was Alex Jack and Jessie Ritchie,Jessie then married Alex Riach hence the surname'. in all the census she was Robina Jack but on the 1901 she was Robina Jack Riach, was it just a slip when written ?