Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    janperry

Dear Folks,
    I have just joined (again, apparently) because I found these messages through Google. My 2g grandfather's sister married Edward Thomas Hurford in 1853 in Bethnal Green. She is Sarah Eliza Perry. A Sarah Eliza Hurford died in 1855 (June quarter) in Bethnal Green. I wonder whether the one who died was my 2g grandfather's sister or a child. I read above that Edward Thomas Hurford's first wife had two children before she died. Can anyone help me with this please.
    Cheers,
    Jan

Ultramum

Hi there

Edward married three times that I know of ...
    20/6/1853 to Sarah Eliza Perry - they had a daughter Sarah Elizabeth in 1854, bap May 1854 at Bethnal Green
    Eliza Porson or Palston ... Yet to find the marriage but have the birth certificate of their daughter Eliza born 9/9/1859 where Eliza's name was previously Porson and also their daughter Mary Ann born 22/3/1862 where Eliza's name is down as formerly Palston ... BMD has the death of an Eliza Hurford in Apr 1868 age 34
    Third marriage was to Maria as detailed earlier in this thread

I would assume that the death in 1855 was your 2g grandfather's sister, which would make Edward a widower and hence his second wife Eliza coming on the scene

Ultramum

Although the death could also be the daughter as I have no further records of her after her birth ( but haven't done a lot of looking either!)

Ultramum

Have sent you an invite to view my tree on A* :-)

Annamarie

In 1891 Emily is living with Maria and David Goodman. Emily B. Goodman b. 1876 Bethnal Green working as a domestic servant.

Ultramum

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarie View Post
    In 1891 Emily is living with Maria and David Goodman. Emily B. Goodman b. 1876 Bethnal Green working as a domestic servant.
    Ah ha! They changed her surname too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12