Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    YvonneC

Default Cornwell - Reginald Percy + Kenneth(brothers)

Reginald Percy Cornwell b1894 Ticehurst, Sussex & his brother Kenneth Cornwell b1896 at either Ticehurst or Lamberhurst, Kent.
    Both sons of Frederick Cornwell of Wadhurst & Adeline Howis of Canterbury. They had 7 other siblings who I have found info on.
    I am trying to find any def info on either of the 2 above names bros. all I have managed to find is the following, but I am unable to conf if any of this info def relates to them - can anyone help pleaase ????

Ken - only bapt rec I can find which could possibly be him = Kenneth Charles H Cornwell Q4 1896 @ Ticehurst. No other info found on him.

Reg - bapt 30/9/1894 @ Ticehurst. Possible marr Q3 1921 @ Eastbourne to Godden, if this is him I have traced birth recs of 6 children to the marr. There is a possible death rec Q2 1935 @ Eastbourne. I've also found details of a Reginald Cornwall sailing to Melbourne, Australia 1913 aged 18 - could this be him ?

Does anyone have any info or are you able to offer any suggestions as to where I could look. I have tried various genealogy websites, WW1 records, BMD & emigration records. I know the Cornwell family came from the Ticehurst area of Sussex & they were living at 47 Ridge Ave, Letchworth, Herts in 1915 (from WW1 death recs for the Father, Frederick) but do not know if Reg & Ken were still living at home or if they were still even alive by then.

Yvonne

YvonneC

I forgot to say - the family were living in Harrismith, South Africa in March 1907, Dad, Frederick was stationed there with the army, another son , Frederick James was born there.

Yvonne

Brick wall demolition expert!

It took a wee while to find the family in 1911, so to aid anyone who wishes to help, here are the census refs ..

In 1901
    RG13/843 / f118 / p39 (reference to record held by TNA)
    In Kent.

In 1911
    RG14/4476 SN39 (reference to record held by TNA)
    In Kent. Name indexed as COMWELL

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneC View Post
    Ken - only bapt rec I can find which could possibly be him = Kenneth Charles H Cornwell Q4 1896 @ Ticehurst. No other info found on him.

Reg - bapt 30/9/1894 @ Ticehurst.:
    Are these the birth records?

Birth: Sep 1894 Ticehurst 2B 105
    CORNWELL, Reginald Percy

Birth: Dec 1896 Ticehurst 2B 116
    CORNWELL, Kenneth Charles H

These appear to match the birth dates their father records on his military record with the Buffs (East Kent Regiment.) Although he does not include their middle names on those records. I'm assuming you have these records.

malcolm99

I've just found this but not investigated any further.

From: National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1861-1941
    Kenneth Charles Howlis Cornwell care of Leslie Cornwall (sic) 23 Gladstone Avenue, Feltham. Died 1 July 1940 on war service. Administration to Agnes Amelia Cornwell, widow. Effects £192 16s 11d.

malcolm99

Kenneth C. H. Cornwell, age 43. Station: Bombay. Year: 1940. Page. 246.

malcolm99

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm99 View Post
    Death of Kenneth Charles Howlis Cornwell (1940).Administration to Agnes Amelia Cornwell, widow.
    I can't trace a marriage on FMP or FreeBMD. Can anyone help?

YvonneC

Many thanks to all who have replied to my query & your helpful info. From this I have managed to find Kenneth on the CWGC website, his name is given as Kenneth Charles Howis CORNWELL, husband of Agnes Amelia & son of Frederick & Adeline Cornwell, died 1/7/1940, aged 43 & he is buried @ Kirkee War Cemetery in India. His wife's name ties in with the info given from 'probate calender', he had a younger brother Leslie which also ties in here. His maternal grandfather was Charles Howis - ie his middle names.
    However, I have still not been able to find a record of his marriage or if there were any children.

Turning to Reginald Percy - there is a bapt record on FamilySearch for him, 30/9/1894 @ Ticehurst, giving his parents as Frederick & Adeline. I know he was still alive in July 1916 as he is named on entry/application papers for his brother, Frederick James, for the Duke York Royal Military School (DYRMS) in Dover. No other def info known at this stage though.

Any further help would be appreciated.
    Thanks again Yvonne

YvonneC

Yes they are the bapt recs.

No I have not been able to find the military records for Frederick - where have you found them please ?? is it a free website ? - if not would you be able to send them to me ?

Thanks Yvonne

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneC View Post
    No I have not been able to find the military records for Frederick - where have you found them please ?? is it a free website ? - if not would you be able to send them to me ?
    The military papers are for a Frederick CORNWELL born abt 1868 at Wadhurst Tunbridge Wells. He attested to the Buffs (East Kent Regiment) in 1886.
    WO97 / 4587 / 68

If you go to the pay site findmypast and purchase a few credits, you will be able to download his papers.

www.
    findmypast.co.uk

Well worth it I should say since there are 14 images for you to look at. He also names all of his children and their birth dates are recorded, except one (who I suspect died).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast