Thread: McKinnon sons

Robynlooking

Smile McKinnon sons

Hi Guys

Hoping someone can help me find any marriage details for Lauchlan & Elizabeth McKinnon nee Logan 3 sons. i.e. James dob 18/3/1817, Lauchlan 9/7/1836 and John. They also had 5 daughters Sarah 1819, Mary 1823, Jane 1826, Margaret (my gg G'mother) 1829 & Agnes 1831. All the girls ended up in Australia but have had no luck with the 3 boys (John was mentioned in his sisters Sarah's will not sure when he was born.

Thanks Robyn

georgiep

Hi Robyn
    I'm not sure if this is of any help in your family search?
    Remembering in 1841 ages were way out and no relationships given.
    Not able to view original.

Anderson St Govan Lanarkshire

Lachlan Mc Kinnon 57??
    Sarah 20, Margaret 12, Agnes 10,
    Elizabeth Morison 10 mnths old
    Elizabeth LOGAN 52

Georgiep

Robynlooking

Hi Georgie

Yes I Have seen this census. Another strange thing is the Elizabeth Morrison mentioned 10 months old. She also appears with the 3 sisters in 1851 census as a 10 yo yet being a neice none of the sisters married a Morrison? Strange! This is also the last census I could find with the parents ie Lauchlan & Elizabeth Logan (not sure why her maiden name is given?) on it so I'm presuming they died before the 1851 census.

Thanks again Robyn

georgiep

Hi Robyn
    Morrison may not have been her surname, her middle name perhaps, named after someone in the family?

Baptism for Agnes 18.2.1831 Govan Lanark
    father Lauglane McKinnon mother Elizabeth Logan
    Through the batch number there is
    Laughlane 1836, Agnes 1831
    I hope this is of some help...
    georgiep

Robynlooking

Hello again Georgie. As I mentioned I have seen the census for the family and have ALL BDM's records for the girls in Australia inc. LDS films. Morrison is the surname of the child as confirmed by an Aunt who lived in Australia's letters which I have many of. The sons/brothers were never mentioned which is why I am trying to find them. Robyn