Thread: just joined

brushwood7

Unhappy just joined

hello everybody i have hit a brick wall concerning my fathers birth date,just cant find it in any of the indexes hope someone can help me kind regards .

nannyval

Hello and Welcome,

If you are ready for a most extraordinary influx, from truly dedicated and knowledgable folks, you're in the right place.

It will keep you busy for ages....maybe forever.

Wishing you every success (wish I was proficient enough to help you start your search........still floundering...LOL)

Val

Richard1955

Hi Bush
    Welcome to the Bee Gees.
    Can you post any info you have on your father, assuming he is no longer alive, on the brickwall forum and lets see what we can find.
    Edit:
    Opps, just noticed another message of yours which suggests you are adopted.
    We can not discuss possible living people in this forum. That's the rules I'm afraid.
    Only in Personal messages.
    Good Luck
    Richard
    Last edited by Richard1955; 09-02-2011 at 9:20 PM. Reason: Possible living person

brushwood7

hello richard thankyou for your reply,my father died in 1983, according to his death certificate he was born on the 23rd january 1912 in south shields durham,he was roman catholic, he had several brothers who emigrated to canada in the early sixties,he left home at 14 years of age apparently his mother died in childbirth when richard was about 14 years old also his father had beat him,i have also been told he was in borstal in scotland before i was born in 1952,he was also married sometime in the thirties as he was divorced by his wife in 1948,then he married my mother agnes in 1957 i do hope this is helpful thankyou so much.

brushwood7

Thanks val wish you all the luck in the world kind regards.

brushwood7

hello richard i am 58 years old all family members are deceased is it still ok to carry on kind regards

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hi brushwood7, and a very warm welcome to the forums!

This forum is just for introducing yourself, so it's best not to post any research queries here.

Have a good look around, and perhaps a read of this helpful message.

Then please go ahead and re-post your query, either on an appropriate county forum or perhaps on the General Family History forum.

No doubt our members will be keen to help you out if they can.