sniper617

Default Bond in Much Marcle

Hi,

Not sure if anyone can help me but i am trying to find out as much as i can about John Bond married around 1585 in Much Marcle who had a son named Lambert born about 1590. Also trying to find out about THOMAS DAVIS born about 1511 and his son Richard born about 1531. If anyone can help with anything about their lives it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Sniper [Mike]

janbooth

Hi Mike,

In case you do not already have this, from Herefordshire FHS Marriage Index:

15 February 1585 at Much Marcle John BOND married Alice DAVIS.

The Marriage Index only starts at 1538 and very little information normally appears on parish registers at this time. Are they likely to have left wills which may give you extra information. Unfortunately, Herefordshire Archives does not have an online catalogue so it is impossible to check if they did so via your computer - there is nothing on The National Archives Documents Online wills catalogue for either of them.

Sorry not to be of more help

Janet

janbooth

Default BOND & DAVIS

Looking further at the Marriage Index, there are these early marriages which may prove relevant to you:

23 August 1599 at Much Marcle Thomas DAVIS & Perin WALKER
    20 June 1603 at Much Marcle Ann DAVIS & Nicholas SMALMAN
    29 October 1609 at Much Marcle Elizabeth DAVIS & John WILLIAMS
    30 July 1632 at Much Marcle Anne BOND & John APPERLEY
    4 March 1656 at Much Marcle Joan DAVIS & Thomas APPERLY (see also Ledbury)
    10 November 1671 at Much Marcle Thomas DAVIS & Elizabeth WOOD (has a note "see also Upton Bishop")

Janet

sniper617

Thankyou Janet, John Bond is my 11th Gt Grandfather. I have Anne Bond's Gt Gt Grandparents on the Davis side but no records of anything for them as yet. Their son Richard was born around 1531, how unusal was it to have church records before 1536 recording these events? Did the family have money or something like that?
    Guess i'm going to be heading to Herefordshire sometime this year to check out the archives.

Thankyou again and if you can think of anything which may help me in finding out more about this family please do let me know. By the way, i'm heading for Congleton on sunday to the outlaw's but going to be spending my time around the cemeteries in the area rather than going shopping with the women, haha.

Thanks
    Sniper [Mike]