Sandy461

Default Dobson's in the west Indies

I am researching Richard and Sarah Dobson and their decendents who where born in Saint Vincent,West Indies.I have only been able to find one birth record for James Henry Dobson born in 1861 parents living in Montrose.My great grandfather was George A Dobson b. 1852 Saint Vincent West Indies.On all the records he filled out he states his parents were both from Northumberland,England. I'm trying to find his birth record and his mother's maiden name.George was a whaler and came to the US before 1875.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Have been trying to find them for 12 years...any advice?

Heather

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy461 View Post
    I am researching Richard and Sarah Dobson and their decendents who where born in Saint Vincent,West Indies.I have only been able to find one birth record for James Henry Dobson born in 1861 parents living in Montrose.My great grandfather was George A Dobson b. 1852 Saint Vincent West Indies.On all the records he filled out he states his parents were both from Northumberland,England. I'm trying to find his birth record and his mother's maiden name.George was a whaler and came to the US before 1875.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Have been trying to find them for 12 years...any advice?
    Unfortunately, records for a lot of the West Indian Islands are a bit sparse, but the LDS is working on them. Have you
    tried looking in Northumberland for Dobsons?? I did and there were a large number of them. Check the IGI at
    https://www.familysearch.org/eng/Sear...search_IGI.asp and perhaps you might see
    something. The Caribbean List that I read is rather slow and I am not sure if there is any info out there, but I will check.