Isambard

Default THOMAS VINCENT b. 1822 ILLOGAN

Based on 1861, 1871 and 1881 census I have this Illogan family:

Thomas Vincent, Mine Engine Diriver b. abt 1822, not in 1871 and 1881 censuses, parents unknown
    Mary Vincent b. abt 1816 - maiden name unknown, widow in 1871 and 1881 censuses, parents unknown

Their children:
    William Henry b. abt 1845 Wendron
    Mary b. abt 1847 Wendron
    Thomas b. abt 1851 Wendron
    Sarah Ellen b. abt 1854 Illogan
    John b. abt 1855 Illogan
    Richard b. abt 1859 Illogan

From Cornwall OPC, William Henry, Mary and Thomas were baptized 13 Feb 1851 Wendron, other children not found.

From Free BMD, Sarah Ellen married William Fuller Newton 1882 Sept qtr Redruth 5c 329, not found on Cornwall OPC.

Any additional information welcomed!

Isambard

pattenwalsh

I presume we're looking here at Thomas who married 1844 to Mary Perry?

Isambard

Possibly Mary Perry, assuming they married before first child born, other wise possibly to Mary Champion, Sept 1848 Redruth Vol 9 page294, or to Mary Ann Pascoe, Mar 1852 Helston Vol 5c page 308?

RonOne

Quote Originally Posted by Isambard View Post
    From Free BMD, Sarah Ellen married William Fuller Newton 1882 Sept qtr Redruth 5c 329, not found on Cornwall OPC.

Any additional information welcomed!
    (Source: Family Search Beta)
    Groom's Name: William Fuller Newton
    Bride's Name: Sarah Ellen Vincent
    Marriage Date: 21 Aug 1882
    Marriage Place: Treneglos, Cornwall, England
    Groom's Father's Name: Robert Newton
    Bride's Father's Name: Thomas Vincent
    LDS Source Film Number: 1596277

This appears to be a son of the above couple:

Death Date: 28 Apr 1964
    Death Place: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Name: William Thomas Newton
    Birth Date: 06 Oct 1882
    Birthplace: , England
    Marital Status: Widow
    Spouse: Susie Josephine Quick
    Father: William Fuller Newton
    Mother: Sarah Ellen Vincent
    Film Number: 2033689
    Digital Folder Number: 4479257
    Image Number: 2492
    British Columbia Archives Film Number: B13266
    Registration Number: 64 09 006466

pattenwalsh

A copy birth cert of any of the children would confirm the maiden name of Mary and, then follow on with a copy of the marriage cert to then obtain the fathers names of Mary and Thomas .Then,with that info, you could look at the 1841 census with a very good chance of finding both families .
    You didn't mention them on the 1851 census so I'll give you a ref for that,HO107 ,Piece 1912, Folio 298,Page 2 if you haven't it already.

pattenwalsh

Interesting to note that on the 1881 census there is a George Chapion (FMP transcription) b.1873 shown as a boarder lodger with Mary Vincent.A check on BMD has no George Chapion born Cornwall but does have a George Champion b 1873 and this is one of the Marys' that you mentioned as maybe marrying Thomas,or was it just a small community?

Isambard

Quote Originally Posted by pattenwalsh View Post
    Interesting to note that on the 1881 census there is a George Chapion (FMP transcription) b.1873 shown as a boarder lodger with Mary Vincent.A check on BMD has no George Chapion born Cornwall but does have a George Champion b 1873 and this is one of the Marys' that you mentioned as maybe marrying Thomas,or was it just a small community?
    George Chapion (sic) b. Madron, is a mystery - a 7 year old "boarder" with my Vincents - Mary in 1881 a widow, her son Richard (unmarried), her daughter Mary Sandry, also widowed, and grandchildren Louisa and Bessie Sandry. This may be George Ackerley Champion on Free BMD, b. Penzance Sept 1873

pattenwalsh

Yes,George Ackerley as forenames,made me look for an Ackerley/Champion marriage but didn't find one ,but searched for Surname Ackerley around Penzance on the 1871 census and found a Jane Champion a 24 year old unmarried servant at the home of some Ackerley's and these had a son George age 17.So I'm wondering if they "got together"
    Census ref RG10, Piece 2339, Folio 115, Page 23