judyryall

Default Looking for Webb and Vincent

I am looking for information on my Great-Great Grandmother Clarinda (Webb) Vincent
    Born Dec 27, 1843 in Gerrans, Cornwall, according to a 1871 Census after her marriage to Samuel J. Vincent.
    They lived in St. Mawes.
    She died in Bohella, St. Mawes, Cornwall Sept 30, 1939.

She married Samuel J. Vincent in September 1863

I have not been able to find information about her parents or siblings if she had any.

I belong to Ancestry.ca and have not been able to locate any further records on her.

I'm also looking for the parents or birth records of my 4th Great Grandfather Nicolas Vincent 1776 - 1846. He married Maudlin Henwood in 1807. They lived in the St. Just in Roseland area.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by judyryall View Post
    I am looking for information on my Great-Great Grandmother Clarinda (Webb) Vincent
    Born Dec 27, 1843 in Gerrans, Cornwall,...

She married Samuel J. Vincent in September 1863

I have not been able to find information about her parents or siblings if she had any.
    I guess my first question would be - do you have her marriage certificate as this may give you her father's name?

Marriages Sep 1863 Truro 5c 287
    MARSHALL William
    VINCENT Samuel James
    WEBB Clarainda
    WEBBER Leah Visick

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by judyryall View Post

I belong to Ancestry.ca and have not been able to locate any further records on her
    I see from the 1871 census that mother Mary Ann Webb is with her married daughter Clarinda Vincent. I also noticed in the 1891 census that Clarinda's name was transcribed as Lbrainda and her daughter as Levenia. So, perhaps these are a posibility ...

1851: HO107 Piece: 1909 Folio: 256 Page: 15
    Lavinia Webb born abt 1844 in Gerrans, Cornwall. A sibling Lavinia is also in the household along with other siblings. The mother is Mary Ann Webb

1861: RG09 Piece: 1553 Folio: 28 Page: 16
    Selinda [Lavinda?] Webb born abt 1844 in Gerrans, Cornwall with sibling John and mother Mary Ann.

Finally, a possible birth ...

Birth Mar 1844
    Webb Clarinda Truro 9 370

Name well known on Brit-Gen

As you're using Ancestry, it may be helpful to know that in 1851 she is transcribed as Lawrenda WEBB.

If you look at the 1841 census you'll see the father's name is stated, though he is not at home.
    HO107/147 bk 10 folio 21 page 11 (reference to record held by TNA).

As her name is not spelt as Clarinda in any of the found censuses, the birth certificate is essential to ensure that you have the right person. This should also give you her mother's maiden name, which will enable you to progress further.

You can order a certificate online from the GRO, using the index reference found above, by clicking here.

judyryall

Thank you so much for all your help. I'll certainly be looking into getting her birth certificate.
    I had also noticed a Lawrenda Webb in a previous census wondered if it may be her.

chrisann

Hi Judy, just wondering....its a long shot!!!......
    do you happen to have a William E Webb b1810 cornwall in your family??? cheers chrisann

judyryall

Hi chrisann. So far the only Webb I have is my great great grandmother Clarinda but if I run into a William I will certainly let you know.