Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dangerfield

Thank you. When u say there is an entry in marine deaths pge 811 is that on this site ? Sorry this is all new to me. Lots of sorting out to catch up on !

Dangerfield

Great photo. In some ways in reminds me of Alcatraz !! keep saying I want to go to Malta and walk through the Naval Cemetary to look for tombstones, but it just never seems to happen!

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield
    Thank you. When u say there is an entry in marine deaths pge 811 is that on this site ? Sorry this is all new to me. Lots of sorting out to catch up on !
    Hopefully you are aware of the General Register Office (GRO) index of Births; and Marriages; and Deaths? (BMD) - You use this index to look up a basic reference from which to order a copy of a certificate online - click here

In addition to the main GRO index there are several minor indices, dealing with armed forces deaths in the World Wars, Boer War, Consular BMD, Overseas BMD, various army BMD, etc. One of the indices covers marine deaths.

The GRO index and these minor indices can be viewed online using one of the many pay-per-view sites such as, Findmypast, TheGenealogist, ec. If you find a likely entry you can order a copy of the certificate from the GRO (link above).

I hope that makes sense, but if not, please ask.

Dangerfield

Ok I think I have a better understanding now. Thank You. I am only now thinking ( after reading some other info) Charles may have been born in Pontadowee Wales, rather than Gloucestershire. My this family is a tough one to crack. Again thanks. Havea great Christmas.

Default Charles Edward white

Hi Judy,

As I was helping my great grandmother pack up all her belongings ready for her moving day, I came across a photo which I believe to of been from you! It was a photo of Charles Edward white's tombstone. I have only started taking an interest in my fathers side of the family tree but was wondering if you had any info that would be useful to me?

I believe Charles Edward white is my great grandmothers grandfather.
    So, any information would be very much appreciated,

Kind regards,
    Tess

Dangerfield

Hi Tess. I believe you have had contact with my sister Valerie. I have all sorts of paper work I am more than happy to send you. Please contact me at [email protected]
    I did visit a Betty Wells and gave her some photos etc. Is Betty your grandmother? Plse keep in touch... Judy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12