Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    dalek39

Default Joseph B.A.Donovan..

Joseph Bartrum Azelby Donovan... Epislopalian Minister...can someone explain what that is please...his father was James Donovan, but mother unknown...any help greatly appreciated....thanks ..

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Dale, a Google gives good info on the Episcopalian Minstry which is the American version of the Anglican Church. Evidently a Methodist Epicopalian church as well. This is informative.:
    https://
    wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_an_Episcopalian_minister_also_called_a_priest
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Dale, can this be the Joseph born to James (Painter & Glazier) & Elizabeth Donovan May 26th 1828 & baptised Aug 31 1828 St.Mary Newington? They lived at Great George St. Bermondsey.
    Happy Families
    Wendy

A little more -off topic a bit,:

Dale have you spotted this addition to the Family of Joseph Bartrum Azelby Donovan?

Frederick Joseph Bartram Aglebry (sic) Donovan age 38 marriage to Eliza Henrietta de Pereda at St. John,Hampstead on 15th June 1888.
    Father Joseph Bartram Aglebry (sic) Donovan .'A Clerk in Holy Orders' (I think)
    Father of spouse "Thomas Tyrwlist Whitsherech Bennett"

London England marriages & Banns. 1754-1921

If you can find his baptism, you may find his Mother too. I looked but there seemed to be an incorrect image. Lunch got in the way & I decided to rest my eyes a bit.

The only marriage I've found for a James & Jane was in 1823 ..Nov.24. to a Jane Easton in York. Preston by Hedon.
    Happy Families
    Wendy

dalek39

Waitabit..."W" You are a gem..thanks you so much for that...will get onto it tomorrow..let you know what I find out...Dale.

dalek39

Dear Wendy...Sorry about the delay in getting back to you...re your posts...I have marriage of Frederick Joseph Donovan to Eliza Henrietta De pareda....saw the Banns...thanks for that....Not too sure on James and Jane Easton..date OK but my James first child was born in Ireland, Mary..1827..as I have it... so I imagine they married in Ireland...but not sure...James died in 1849..Jul.Aug.Sep. quarter, buried at Westminster..Jane died 1868 Pancras, London, aged 72...she was born in Ireland abt.1796/7....
    There doesn't seem to be much on them in the censuses that I can find..There is a James and Jane with sons William and John, but questionable....
    I cant find Mary, Sarah and Alic, but did see an A.Donovan who was a sailor, age 21 ..on vessel La Hogue..port of departure..London..arrived Sydney NSW 29 Oct. 1857...can this be Alic? His nephew, John Sewell Donovan was a Sailor/Mariner in NZ. and I found a John Donovan..British Navy..age 15..?census...which could have been John S Donovan....in England. Dale.

dalek39

I seem to be back on board..problems fixed I hope...hope all are well...Dale.x

Hang tight Dale,...wellish here, hopefully also with you? Have you tried many shipping sites for Alic Donovan?
    Happy Families
    Wendy

dalek39

The only one I have is Ancestry...A Donovan..estimated birth 1836...he was born 1837, as I have it from a relative in Perth WA. age 21..Port of Departure..London..to Sydney NSW..Voyage arrival 29 Oct.1857..Vessel La Hogue... with a name like that, who knows...but I will try other passenger lists...I did find out he was an AB seaman on this ship...crew member...and...John Sewell was also a AB Seaman at one stage, knowing that.. A Donovan was his uncle, things run in families....a wild guess.....Dale.

dalek39

I haveJoseph Donovan married in 1850..father James Donovan..Gentleman...on Ancestry Marriage Banns....I also have James Donovan death 1849..Jul.Aug.Sept quarter....Wouldn't they have deceased on the certificate if this were so...or have I got the wrong James Donovan..death record...can someone help me find when Joseph B.A.Donovans father died..if thats possible.....thanks Dale.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast