Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    dalek39

Wendy...know the feeling...its so easy to get confused..I do it all the time...appreciate all the help I can get...so many Donovans..think Joseph Bartrum Azelby.. is the easiest to start with..not too many named that way...I want a mothers name so a birth certificate should do that ? I know his mother was called Jane..but who? Dale.

Geoffers

Dale has created a few thread relating to this family, one is very closely related and has several replies. The other thread on the Church Registers forum can be found here - Joseph B A Donovan.

The duplicate thread has been closed to avoid further confusion and duplication of effort.

Two other threads concerning this Donovan family have been posted by Dale; these other threads remain open as they relate to slightly different parts of this family.
    Donovan..Surrey to New Zealand
    James Donovan
    The links are provided in case connecting information is found.

dalek39

Thanks Geoffers..I'm sorry to have done that, didn't mean to confust the situation...nice girl, but not too bright at times...Dale.

dalek39

Can somebody please read the Marriage Banns for Frederick Joseph Bartrum Azelby Donovan...and tell me what the spouse's fathers occupation is..I have difficulty reading it...thanks...Dale.

SueNSW

Wow - great writing - NOT

Could be the abbreviation Super (looks like a firm full stop at the end) - presumably for Superannuant - it's something I've seen on census records in occupation - and presumably it means similar to what it does today - someone in receipt of a pension (or possibly some other form of investment type income??)

Also looks like he was deceased

Cheers
    Sue

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Both Fathers- James Donovan & Robert Sullivan are listed as ' Gentlemen ' Dale. April 25th 1850. Have you followed any of Jane Sarahs Family through censuses at all? Quite often helpful little bits pop up that way. Even with in Laws visiting!

OOOps! wrong one. sorry.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by dalek39 View Post
    Can somebody please read the Marriage Banns for Frederick Joseph Bartrum Azelby Donovan...and tell me what the spouse's fathers occupation is..I have difficulty reading it...thanks...Dale.
    I read it as Surgeon (deceased).

(Incidentally, it's the marriage register, not the banns.)

To make amends for my blooper I had another look, this time again at Fredericks marriage. I agree with Kerrywood. Noticeable also is a Maria Vincenta Donovan as witness with Joseph Donovan.

FreeBMD has in June 1881 a marriage for her with Fredericks Brother Percy James in Marylebone 1a-1092 but the trannie had trouble deciphering Vincenta.

1851 Vincent M.DePereda listed as 'Gentleman' b.Spain

1871 census has Maria as the adopted dtr of Vincent M. De Pereda wine merchant b. 1812 Spain & his wife Sarah b. Staffs.
    Also in the house is a Jane Sullivan, domestic servant 14.

1881 Sarah is a widow living with Maria( now aged 28) at 19 Priory Rd Hampstead.
    RG11; Piece: 172; Folio: 32; Page: 8; (Crown copywrite TNA )
    scroll back two pages,...

Also in 5 Priory rd, is Eliza H De Pereda & husband Juan. married Dec. 1879 Hampstead.

1891 Maria 37 is alone married in Belgrave, St.Geo Hanover Sqr.
    RG12; Piece: 72; Folio 76; Page 19;(Crown copywrite TNA )

1901 Percy & Maria at the Vicarage,Chiswick
    RG13; Piece: 1200; Folio: 37; Page: 20 ;(Crown copywrite TNA )

Perhaps the man Eliza De Pereda (nee Bennett) married before Frederick is a cousin,?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

SueNSW

Yup - my mistake - the marriage register entry of her father - Thomas Tyrwhitt Whitchurch Bennett to Gertrude Priscilla Sarah Steggall - May 15th 1851 confirms he was a surgeon

dalek39

Wow...my head spins......will need to digest this all.....many thanks to one and all for that info......The Pereda family ..Spain..is where the "Azelby" may come from...my mothers sister was called Inez...which is spanish for Agnes.. anyway..appreciate the help..great...have a bit of work now infront of me....Dale.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast