Hi Friends

After learning html (self taught) I have mastered it to be able to create web pages for my web site. However, I am not too good with computers.

All of a sudden I have a problem, with editing my web pages. Can any of you offer a suggestion, please?.

Here is the example.

I decide to edit one of my web pages OFF LINE, something I have done hundreds of times over the last few years.

If it is a page that does not contain the html text stopping people "nicking" my images, normally I would right mouse click and then View Source. That would in the past until recently always allow me to edit it as notepad.

When I try this now, I can see the typing but it will not let me edit the page. This typing is in two colours and each line is numbered. This was how it used to be when I had text to prevent people "nicking"images,

Next, if in the past, I had the script on the page to stop people nicking images, I had to go to the toolbar and click on page and then I could see View Source to click on. It would then allow me to edit it as notepad.

Again, now I cannot edit it at all - the edit button on View Source is not active.

Hope I have explained it clearly.

A few weeks ago, I upraded to Internet Explorer version 8 - can this be the problem - I have noted something about Compatibilty View?

Kindest regards